• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Welcome to the Global Shipping Program: More eBay Drank My Milkshake

82 posts in this topic

Got this email just moments ago:

Welcome to the Global Shipping Program

You've just expanded your marketplace to millions more potential buyers around the world. And buyers can shop with confidence thanks to international tracking.

YOU'RE PROTECTED

Item lost or damaged during international transit? You're protected from negative or neutral feedback, plus ratings lower than 5 stars due to loss or damage during international shipping. Plus you're not responsible for loss or damage by third-party carriers once your item leaves the US Shipping Center. See terms and conditions for details.

Looks like eBay is auto-enrolling people in the GSP. I'll be opting out. I checked a listing and it now says:

Ships to: United States and many other countries

FAQ PAGE

I know this topic has been discussed before, but it's Tuesday and why not :censored: some more about how eBay is disenfranchising sellers.

(shrug)

I can see how PayPal increasing their return policy from 45 to 160 days can negatively impact a seller, but I don't really see it with the Global Shipping Program. I've seen arguments on both sides of the isle about it, have tried selling with and without it, but from personal experience, it increased my sales and I've had no complaints. At the end of the day, either people are willing to pay for what you're selling or they aren't.

(shrug)

I can see how PayPal increasing their return policy from 45 to 160 days can negatively impact a seller, but I don't really see it with the Global Shipping Program. I've seen arguments on both sides of the isle about it, have tried selling with and without it, but from personal experience, it increased my sales and I've had no complaints. At the end of the day, either people are willing to pay for what you're selling or they aren't.

Well, to Canada, they charge the buyer about 2-3x more for shipping than sellers that mail books themselves. If I see an auction that only offers GSP, I don't even consider buying it. 2c

(shrug)

Well, to Canada, they charge the buyer about 2-3x more for shipping than sellers that mail books themselves. If I see an auction that only offers GSP, I don't even consider buying it. 2c

If he wasn't selling internationally to begin with, which I'm assuming, how is this bad for him tho?

You wouldn't have purchased regardless, but now he has extra buyers who will. (shrug)

(shrug)

If he wasn't selling internationally to begin with, which I'm assuming, how is this bad for him tho?

You wouldn't have purchased regardless, but now he has extra buyers who will. (shrug)

Sure if he wasn't shipping internationally to begin with, but some sellers that ship international don't even know they only offer GPS. It's gonna get worse if eBay is auto adding people to it.

Got this email just moments ago:

Welcome to the Global Shipping Program

You've just expanded your marketplace to millions more potential buyers around the world. And buyers can shop with confidence thanks to international tracking.

YOU'RE PROTECTED

Item lost or damaged during international transit? You're protected from negative or neutral feedback, plus ratings lower than 5 stars due to loss or damage during international shipping. Plus you're not responsible for loss or damage by third-party carriers once your item leaves the US Shipping Center. See terms and conditions for details.

Looks like eBay is auto-enrolling people in the GSP. I'll be opting out. I checked a listing and it now says:

Ships to: United States and many other countries

FAQ PAGE

I know this topic has been discussed before, but it's Tuesday and why not :censored: some more about how eBay is disenfranchising sellers.

Wow Ebay is worst and worst everyday

(shrug)

Yup

I refuse to shop with sellers that use this stupid azz program

I didnt know I was enrolled in this but it got me more for an item and i just shipped to the US shipping center and that was it. No problem for me.

They dont tell you that they charge BIG import rates after $50 to the buyers , so the buyers instead of buying from you , they look elsewhere .

If you want to be protected as a seller just use USPS priority for + $100 books or Global express for big books

And yes Chip i recall buying something from you

(shrug)

Yup

+1

(shrug)

Did you sell internationally before the program?

(shrug)

lol

Oh you.

Canadians,

what is the expected price you would pay to get a single raw book shipped to your from the states? What about a slabbed book?

Actual shipping. (thumbs u

(shrug)

Yup

+1

Yep.