• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's CGC submissions dropped off at NYCC have shown up on tracking yet?

181 posts in this topic

Jeez, why attack someone for being upset they paid for something and aren't getting it?

My clients call me all the time demanding things...why? Because they are paying for it. I, as a client consultant and service person, help them any way I can so they continue to keep working with me.

Most businesses do this...for many in the comic industry that theory seems to go out the window for some reason.

Because none of us work for CGC. He has already stated he called them, why does this thread exist. CGC is slow, if you don't know it, you live under a rock. I submit a box to them every few weeks, pay for fast track on lots of things. Yet I just follow the TAT thread and get my answers, but this thread is just another example of peoples inability to have any patience. The books have to ship back, the books have to get checked in. If saving $10.00 is not that important, mail them and it will show in the system faster.

I disagree, I think this thread is to help shed light on the fact that many people are paying for a service and not receiving what they pay for on a consistent basis.

Why is that acceptable?

One good reason is that the field lacks competition. Even the new kids on the block can't get their act together, right from the beginning, and doesn't give myself and many other people confidence to use them so we're back to square one.

One solution would be, if you aren't meeting the turnaround times offered by a fast track service then be held accountable and give a credit for the extra amount paid for the fast track service.

Second solution, hire more people. Customer service at every level is lacking.

Red hood can you please explain to me how on earth Boba didn't get what he paid for? They are grading his book, encapsulating it and mailing it back to him. Turn around times are an estimate. Everyone here with even a passing knowledge of CGC knows that TATs are thrown out the window around SDCC and NYCC because, spoiler alert, 10's of thousands of books are submitted at that time. It's been 7 business days at worse and his shipment is already at the verified stage.

Also, how many express tier books were dropped off at NYCC? It's not 1 I can tell you that. So even assuming CGC puts all the express and walkthrough books in a special attention box and overnight's them Fedex Monday morning, that still doesn't change the fact that they wouldn't be received in Sarasota until Tuesday the 14th. Then the team has to start going through processing the invoices and bagging and tagging the books. This is not a quick process especially when handling very expensive books. So it takes a few days when you are processing several hundred (maybe even a thousand)(This is just referring to just the Walkthrough and Express tier books, not anything lower than express). In CGC's case the invoices were logged within 3 business days. In my opinion, not bad given the volume. Now they are going through and grading.

Like The Resurrection said, if you wanted it in 5 days or less, it should have been mailed in before NYCC or a few weeks after. Even the other guys have stated that their turn arounds are running behind (up to two extra weeks in some cases) because of the high volume of submissions.

All addressed earlier in the thread, but go ahead knock yourselves out.

Let me add, that when you call a company and the people on the other end who have your high-value books sound beaten and angry to be in the situation they were in, it gives me pause. Also, as i've stated, I've done this almost every year since I can remember, drop books off at NYCC, and never have I had such a long wait - and that includes standard subs. And I wasn't only trying to save shipping, like I also said a few times, I had an appointment to show Matt the book I was subbing in case it needed work before going to CGC. The issue I had and have, is I paid a ton of money to expedite the book after all these preliminary steps and yet my Express submission got the same treatment as a modern economy submission at NYCC. I think that's a problem.

Let me add, that when you call a company and the people on the other end who have your high-value books sound beaten and angry to be in the situation they were in, it gives me pause. Also, as i've stated, I've done this almost every year since I can remember, drop books off at NYCC, and never have I had such a long wait - and that includes standard subs. And I wasn't only trying to save shipping, like I also said a few times, I had an appointment to show Matt the book I was subbing in case it needed work before going to CGC. The issue I had and have, is I paid a ton of money to expedite the book after all these preliminary steps and yet my Express submission got the same treatment as a modern economy submission at NYCC. I think that's a problem.

I didn't, though. Your books have been pushed to Verified already - the modern/economy subs are not at that stage yet (and if it's a regular modern sub, probably won't be for another 3 weeks).

Ok, but the operative phrase was "after all these preliminary steps" I meant prior to being entered (after which all things are supposed to follow the plan for that tier) I meant before they were actually entered, nothing was prioritized by the CRS's at NYCC.

I didn't, though. Your books have been pushed to Verified already - the modern/economy subs are not at that stage yet (and if it's a regular modern sub, probably won't be for another 3 weeks).

No, he is saying that the time to "log them in" was the same, f not slower. In which case he has a point.

No, he is saying that the time to "log them in" was the same, f not slower. In which case he has a point.

At the point just before they were entered it was apparently completely random - which books were on the top of the first box they opened (shrug) He just wasn't as "lucky" as me, and my books was picked to enter before his..

At the point just before they were entered it was apparently completely random - which books were on the top of the first box they opened (shrug) He just wasn't as "lucky" as me, and my books was picked to enter before his..

Yes, my books were entered the same time as yours, but if you go read the turn around times thread it is the luck of the draw. There are people whose own submissions may be a week apart and the one shipped to CGC later gets shipped back first. Edited by The Resurrection

Seriously, is it really worth arguing about? Some agree with my tact, some do not - let's agree we all have a right to voice our dissatisfaction with something especially when it concerns the company that hosts this very chat board.

I've never experienced this

People just seem so quick to criticize CGC that it makes threads like this difficult. I understand Boba's frustration though and CGC does need to improve TAT.

I think the big issue Boba- why couldn't you have posted in the TAT thread? That thread gets a ton of traffic and your question would have been answered.

The thread just seemed redundant and yet another opportunity for people to make veiled comments about going to a competitor.

Again- I understand your frustration completely.

Ok, forgetting that I wanted to raise this issue and not have it buried in a thread, but doesn't it have to be in the system to be a TAT problem?

And as I have said, I'm a CGC supporter (CCS as well) and have no plans to go elsewhere - but sometimes they task me. think.gif

let's agree we all have a right to voice our dissatisfaction with something especially when it concerns the company that hosts this very chat board.

Let's also agree that when we voice our dissatisfaction on a chat board, any chat board, we must also have thick skin enough to weather the inevitable pile-on by those who every right to do so.

let's agree we all have a right to voice our dissatisfaction with something especially when it concerns the company that hosts this very chat board.

Let's also agree that when we voice our dissatisfaction on a chat board, any chat board, we must also have thick skin enough to weather the inevitable pile-on by those who every right to do so.

that's completely unacceptable

that's completely unacceptable

:troll: