• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's CGC submissions dropped off at NYCC have shown up on tracking yet?

181 posts in this topic

Then CGC shouldn't offer anything but Standard tier at the cons.

Then, according to the rules, no book with a value of over 1K could be submitted at a con.

Serious question regarding the Express Tier: Are you paying the extra money because of the value of the books or the turnaround time ? Sure, you can put an expensive book into a Standard tier and hope CGC doesn't bump your invoice but it's a gamble. If you wait the Standard tier turnaround time and they bump the cost to Express you will feel like it's a waste of money.

I'm sorry but if CGC did indeed receive 12,000 books at the convention I can understand the backup. I would rather see them safely get the books to Sarasota and do a good job of grading. To me, the quality of the work is more important than the speed. Sorry.

I don't understand why you don't get that i'm not asking to rush just what I paid for fast turnaround. Why am I wrong expecting to get what I paid for?

Boba, my point was that you are also paying for the value of the comic. Over 1K books are supposed to go into an Express Tier regardless of the TAT. Also, TAT only starts when the book is officially Received by CGC. You seem to be arguing that the actual shipping and receiving times of Express books should be faster than Standard. You did not pay for that to happen. You dropped them off at the con to get free shipping. In this case, you got what you paid for. Again, sorry. I've known you on the Boards for a long time. I don't want to disrespect you. I just don't understand your complaint here.

I feel no disrespect from you Bob, as long as we're discussing things with civility here. I read the "Services and Fees" page on the web site and yes the Express tier has a $3000 value limit with the turnaround 5 business days. If the book was worth more I would have had to pay for the Walk-through. I talked to the CSR at the table about the fact I needed the book back fast, but didn't think it necessary to pay for a Walk through, as the book value was probably within the $3000 limit and the 5-day turnaround was good enough, and he agreed. He said they usually get into the system early the week after the con. I said I was fine with 5 business days (after it's in their system). And that was it. No warning about a huge lag period from the time I handed it over to the CSR. I even joked and said "see you in about 2 weeks" when he took the book. So maybe I'm being unreasonable, and if that's the case I apologize, but I never expected my submission to be in limbo so long.

Even if I had paid for a Walk-through, how would things be any different for me?

I feel sorry for anyone who paid for that, and is in the same boat as me. :(

It's clearly unacceptable and you deserve to get what you paid for...period.

I hope they do the right thing for you.

I just hope the book gets in the darned system, gets graded and it's a happy ending.

Day 12 zippo :/

.... Not sure your count is right. Con ended on the 12th. At best it's been 8 days. However you can't count weekends (it's business days) so that knocks it down to 6. And really I wouldn't count the 13th because CGC had to ship the books from NYC to Florida so I would at best start counting on Tuesday the 14th, meaning today is day 6, at best.

.... Not sure your count is right. Con ended on the 12th. At best it's been 8 days. However you can't count weekends (it's business days) so that knocks it down to 6. And really I wouldn't count the 13th because CGC had to ship the books from NYC to Florida so I would at best start counting on Tuesday the 14th, meaning today is day 6, at best.

I meant since I handed the book to CGC (shrug)

I meant since I handed the book to CGC (shrug)

If you were so concerned with time, why didn't you pay a little extra and get on site grading finished?

Oh I didn't realize that- makes sense.

So weren't they clear how long the process would take then?

Yes, they said it would take 5 days after it's entered into their system. He estimated it would be in by middle of the week following the con.

He didn't however mention it would take them 2 weeks to unpack it. (shrug) So we wait . . .