• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it too early to talk about San Diego Comic-Con 2005?

278 posts in this topic

This is a shameless plug/spoiler:

If you want to see what a CGC NM- 9.2 Showcase # 4 looks like, come by the Southern California Comics booth to see one. Mark Zaid (Esquirecomics) will have some of his sweet books to display/sell there. thumbsup2.gif

yay.gif

Pov, BassgMan and Fuelman are correct in their description. SD Comicon is the biggest comic convention in the world. You will be amazed at the sheer size of it all, and that's just the main floor.

Add in the Artists Alley, and numerous conference rooms for shows and panels. Then there are other numerous events and shows outside the con area.

Plus the Forum Dinner.

OVERLOAD!!!

If you want to see what a CGC NM- 9.2 Showcase # 4 looks like, come by the Southern California Comics booth to see one. Mark Zaid (Esquirecomics) will have some of his sweet books to display/sell there. thumbsup2.gif

yay.gif

Sorry, I just can`t help myself! grin.gifpoke2.gif

calvin5.jpg

yay.gif

calvin5.jpg

Seen Metro's 9.4 so confused-smiley-013.gif

yay.gif

calvin5.jpg

Seen Metro's 9.4 so confused-smiley-013.gif

This truely is a tough crowd! Christo_pull_hair.gif

I was just kidding because it`s always fun to poke fun at Mark. angel.gif

But we all know that Greggy really IS such a snob. gossip.gifpoke2.gif

If Michael Goldman shows the 9.6, I may be impressed. I was mildly impressed by his DC collection of mostly 9.6 and 9.8 books last year. Bah...who hasn't seen a Flash 175 in CGC 9.8! confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif yeah, like shooting fish in a barrel.

27_laughing.gif yeah, like shooting fish in a barrel.

Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? u trollette!

Steve Borock has notified me he can no longer participate on the panel.

Disappointing to say the least as there will be many CGC related issues to be discussed and Steve, with all his experience, would certainly have been in an excellent position to respond.

I am working on finding a replacement.

If Michael Goldman shows the 9.6, I may be impressed. I was mildly impressed by his DC collection of mostly 9.6 and 9.8 books last year. Bah...who hasn't seen a Flash 175 in CGC 9.8! confused-smiley-013.gif

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case! 27_laughing.gif

I couldn`t see the 9.6 and 9.8 DCs, because my eyes were so full of tears from laughing so hard at their asking prices. Anyway, they were ALL post-1964, right? Bah.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case! 27_laughing.gif

I couldn`t see the 9.6 and 9.8 DCs, because my eyes were so full of tears from laughing so hard at their asking prices. Anyway, they were ALL post-1964, right? Bah.

Post 64 snob. I didn't look at most of those books. Just the 100 pagers which I didn't buy. NO point looking at books you aren't going to buy! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I had a feeling this was coming. Does it relate to his concerns as posted in the other thread?

What about Keith Contarino? Well respected and always a glib speaker on many topices. And one of the most prominent voices against undisclosed restoration in the old days, so he might offer a particularly interesting perspective on undisclosed pressing in the CGC era.

I had a feeling this was coming. Does it relate to his concerns as posted in the other thread?

Not that was publicly stated. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What about Keith Contarino? Well respected and always a glib speaker on many topices. And one of the most prominent voices against undisclosed restoration in the old days, so he might offer a particularly interesting perspective on undisclosed pressing in the CGC era.

I don't know him. What is his background and current whereabouts?