• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it too early to talk about San Diego Comic-Con 2005?

278 posts in this topic

My suggestion would be to do a web search for hotels/motels in the Mission Valley or Old Town sections of San Diego. thumbsup2.gif
Or kick out the gimp and make some room! makepoint.gif

Key seach words for hotels/motels in San Diego near the Trolley Staions:

Mission Valley

Hotel Circle

Qualcomm Stadium

Old Town

hi.gif

Fuelman's special room

Mission Valley

Hotel Circle

Qualcomm Stadium

Old Town

hi.gif

Fuelman's special room

You will be punished upon your arrival !!! - The Wrecking Crew sumo.gif

Mission Valley

Hotel Circle

Qualcomm Stadium

Old Town

hi.gif

Fuelman's special room

You will be punished upon your arrival !!! - The Wrecking Crew sumo.gif

Fuelie? I pity the fool!

Wrecking Crew Two!

I am now finalized. Hotel reservations locked in. Flight locked in. Be there Friday around noonish and leaving Monday around 10AM.

Now to both conserve and acquire funds!!! thumbsup2.gif

headbang.gif

Any idea how far La Mesa is from the convention center? And is it a decent area?

It's not that far, though I think you'll need a car. I just Mapquest'ed it and it said it's about 11 miles and 17 minutes away.

As for whether it is a decent area, my understanding is that it's all used car dealerships and streetwalkers down there. East County is not where you want to live in San Diego. juggle.gif

Any idea how far La Mesa is from the convention center? And is it a decent area?
according to one of them airfare sites (expedia, orbitz, etc) the Ramada Limited in near a trolley stop

I stayed at a Comfort Inn in La Mesa not last year, but the year before. It wasn't an exciting area, but the room was very large, and the price was right. Staying in La Mesa and taking the trolley in would work quite well.

Is the Trolley station fairly decent? I don't want to be sitting there with all my purchases and it be a sketchy area. I only ask because I already have a room at the Ramada and am trying to figure out the best way of getting back and forth from the con.

Thanks for the info so far from everyone thumbsup2.gif

I haven't been to the trolley station in La Mesa, but I can't imagine it would be dangerous. You're probably more likely to get mugged a block from the convention center in the gaslamp district than anywhere in La Mesa.

It would probably be a good idea to leave the Spider-Man costume at home(or, at least dont put it on until you reach the con). In fact, if you're walking alone, don't wear your convention badge until you get to the con. You might as well have a sign on your chest that reads "I'm carrying a lot of money and valuable comics!"

Also, when you're walking alone, I recommend excessive barking and spitting. People will leave you alone.