• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Bane, Now Tom Hardy as APOCALYPSE?

26 posts in this topic

I'm incredibly excited to have Apocalypse in a movie but I do think they kinda shot themselves in the foot with this.

He's going to be very hard to cast, and when they do eventually cast him, I'm willing to bet my whole collection that the comic book community is going to complain…myself included.

I remember an issue of Wizard were they casted a fake X-Men movie (pre-2000, of course) and they casted Brian Thompson (Shao Khan from Motral Kombat: Annihilation) to play him. I remember thinking this would be okay casting. Since then, I cannot think who could appropriately play him.

Tom Hardy is still too small. He'd have to bulk up to beyond Bane proportions to pull it off. Maybe that's why the kid playing En Sabah Nur in the DoFP stinger was so scrawny looking…they are setting us up to have a scrawny Apocalypse.

I never form an opinion about an actor/actress until I see the movie...especially a comic book movie. Never turns out how anticipated (good and bad)...

- Michael Keaton as Batman...shockingly pleased

- Ed Norton as Hulk...shockingly disappointed

- The new Superman...shockingly disappointed

- Heath Ledger...never thought he could be that good

- Robert Downy Jr...his career was rock bottom (no way he could be Iron Man)

...etc, etc, etc.

Tom Hardy is such a good actor, he would be awesome for any role, Bane barely used his talents. The only bad thing about him being Apocalypse is if it keeps him out of Marvel Studios proper. Marvel needs to get him in a main character type role.

I love Tom Hardy... But bane adaption was brutal... @Bosco - you're prolly right... Consolidate so the internetz doesn't run out of space.

More about posting courtesy. There are already forumites that don't like all these movie threads occurring. We start posting individual threads per each cast member being considered for a single movie, and they are probably going to have more of a reason to point out these threads have gotten out of control.

There is already a dedicated thread to the X-Men: Apocalypse movie. I'm just suggesting we use it appropriately so we don't flame anyone on. That's all.

X-Men: Apocalypse

:foryou:

I never form an opinion about an actor/actress until I see the movie...especially a comic book movie. Never turns out how anticipated (good and bad)...

- Ed Norton as Hulk Puny Banner...shockingly disappointed

...etc, etc, etc.

I love Tom Hardy... But bane adaption was brutal... @Bosco - you're prolly right... Consolidate so the internetz doesn't run out of space.

More about posting courtesy. There are already forumites that don't like all these movie threads occurring. We start posting individual threads per each cast member being considered for a single movie, and they are probably going to have more of a reason to point out these threads have gotten out of control.

There is already a dedicated thread to the X-Men: Apocalypse movie. I'm just suggesting we use it appropriately so we don't flame anyone on. That's all.

X-Men: Apocalypse

:foryou:

At this point, these threads are more like trending headlines. Myself, I see no tissue as long as it's comic related. (thumbs u

Tom Hardy's a great actor, he could do a good job as Apocalypse. Better that some muscular wrestler that can't act.

If Marvel got Daniel Day-Lewis for a part, people would complain that Dwayne Johnson could do a better job.

Christ, ever since Image Comics hit the stands it's been style over substance. As long as it looks good, that's all that matters. :sumo: