• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GARDEN STATE COMIC FEST JULY 25TH AND 26TH

75 posts in this topic

GSCF is thrilled to announce at our upcoming Garden State Comic Fest for the 1st time in 8 years you will have a chance to see the original DC/Marvel Classic Character Murals Painted by GREG HILDEBRANDT.

These amazing painted murals, when seen in person, truly take your breath away.

Originally painted for "The Evolution of Comic Book Heroes" Show held September 16th 2007 at the Montclair Art Museum in NJ.The show was put together by Michael Uslan and the museum. The Murals each measure a whopping 53" tall by 12 feet wide. Originally it was a 24 foot mural that the museum commissioned (this is the largest painting ever done by Greg). Unfortunately DC at the time did not want their characters on the same canvas with Marvels characters so Greg cut the canvas in half.

This is such a rare opportunity to see such beauty in person and GSCF is so thankful for the to Greg Hildebrandt for giving us this opportunity to share this with you the fans!

GSCF is proud to announce with all the great comic vendors and artists. CGC is coming to Garden State Comic Fest. A CGC Facilitator will be on hand accepting books most of Saturday and all day Sunday.

CGC is in the house!!!

GSCF is proud to welcome Buzz to Garden State Comic Fest July 25-26th in Morristown NJ.

Buzz is a comic book artist known for his work on JSA, ATOMIKA, VAMPIRELLA, LUNA, X-FACTOR, IMPULSE, and Shi to name a few.

A very popular and sought after commission artist among the art collectors and the comic-book convention circuit.

Buzz is also a multi-EMMY award winning commercial artist who has worked with CBS, FOX, Los Angeles LAKERS and The United States Marine Corp.

GSCF is proud to announce with all the great comic vendors and artists. CGC is coming to Garden State Comic Fest. A CGC Facilitator will be on hand accepting books most of Saturday and all day Sunday.

CGC is in the house!!!

This is very good news, along with Neal Adams as a late addition (thumbs u

Who is the CGC Facilitator?

Either way, it's a good thing I still have time to prep a stack of books for grading :headbang:

GSCF is proud to welcome Legendary artist and writer Walter Simonson to Garden State Comic Fest July 25-26th in Morristown NJ.

Simonson is most known for his work on Thor, which he wrote and illustrated for nine years, during which he created the character Beta Ray Bill.

He has also worked on other Marvel titles such as X-Factor and Fantastic Four, on DC Comics books including Detective Comics, Manhunter, Metal Men and Orion, and on licensed properties such as Star Wars, Alien, Battlestar Galactica and Robocop vs. Terminator.

In addition to his work for both Marvel and DC, Simonson has also generated a considerable body of creator-owned work, like Star-Slammers and Ragnarök. Simonson is married to Louise Simonson. The couple made a cameo appearance in the cinematic Thor.

At the 2010 Harvey Awards, Simonson received the 2010 Hero Initiative Lifetime Achievement Award. It was presented to him by his wife, Louise Simonson.

GSCF is proud to announce the art of the iconic Frank Frazetta will be at Garden State Comic Fest.

Frank Frazetta was a legendary American fantasy and science fiction artist who got his start in the early 50's and created masterpieces through the mid 90's. His Conan book covers, Death Dealer series, and album cover images for the bands Molly Hatchet and Wolfmother will stay with us and inspire us forever.

Along with movie posters, comics, and many other art endeavors; Frazetta's works and paintings continue to keep us in awe and give you such a powerful feeling of the fantasy world. Also, be sure to look forward to the remake of the 1983 animated film "Fire and Ice", being remade by director Robert Rodriguez.

Frazetta's legacy continues to be represented by his children and two Grand Daughters; Danielle Frazetta and Sarah Frazetta Taylor. Danielle Frazetta will be attending this years Garden State Comic Fest, with vintage prints, signed lithographs, books and Much more merchandise with Frazetta's art on it, be sure to stop by and say hello to the Frazetta family!

GSCF Is Very Excited to Announce Adam Kubert will be coming to Garden State Comic Fest for a rare signing!!

ADAM WILL BE DOING AT SIGNING AT THE KUBERT SCHOOL BOOTH ON SATURDAY JULY 25TH FROM 1-2PM

Adam, known for his work for publishers such as Marvel Comics, Dark Horse Comics, and DC Comics, including work on Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk, Spider-Man, Superman, .Avengers vs. X-Men and Batman: Batman vs. Predator: He is probably best-known for his work at Marvel Comics, in particular for a sporadic run on the solo Wolverine title with writer Larry Hama,

Adam graduated from the Rochester Institute of Technology with a degree in medical illustration. He also attended the Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art in Dover, New Jersey, from which he duly graduated and has since become one of the industry's leading professional comic book artists.

Adam and his brother Andy are instructors at The Kubert School, which was founded by their father Joe Kubert.

CGC is in the house!!!

This is very good news, along with Neal Adams as a late addition (thumbs u

Who is the CGC Facilitator?

Either way, it's a good thing I still have time to prep a stack of books for grading :headbang:

CGC Facilitator Glenn Guinto will be on hand both days with CGC witness, Bryan Sinagra

WE ARE NOW OFFICIALLY 1 WEEK AWAY!! GSCF is so excited and looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend to come together to celebrate pop culture, cosplay, comics, and the great creators who bring all of this to life. We wish to thank you all for your support and look forward to seeing each and every one of you!!

Get your Tickets at:

http://www.showclix.com/event/GardenStateComicFest

well, I didn't realize this was the same weekend that we are taking the family to see Wicked on Broadway. I will get up there for Sunday though.

CopperAgeKids, can you put me and my daughter on your list? That would be great if possible.

GSCF is pleased with a last minute addition to Garden State Comic Fest. We welcome Mr. Blue Devil himself, Paris Cullins to GSCF (SAT ONLY)

Paris is best known for his work on DC Comics' Blue Devil and Blue Beetle, and Marvel Comics' Hyperkind, but has worked on a number of books including Green Lantern, Super Girl, X-Factor, Firestorm, JLA, and Silver Surfer to name a few.

well, I didn't realize this was the same weekend that we are taking the family to see Wicked on Broadway. I will get up there for Sunday though.

CopperAgeKids, can you put me and my daughter on your list? That would be great if possible.

Consider it done, brotha.

Yup that's who I'm hoping to get a book from

I'm fairly sure that if you call Metro (well, a few days in advance) and tell them you are interested in buying from them......request that they bring a particular book (s), they would do so.

I'd give them a call in the morning (thumbs u

Can someone post pictures of wall books from Saturday , so I know what it will be like for when I get there Sunday

I'll try doing that!