• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jimbo Salgado Sketch OPPS

153 posts in this topic

I don't think it's been too bad. It's not like we haven't seen completed art. There are other ops with a year+ of wait time and still no art. I'm sure they will be ready soon. Like with any op there is never a completion guarantee. I don't recall him saying they will be completed and in your hands by January 1st or anything.

This opp has been extremely frustrating. I jumped in back on 10/22/14 because of statements like:

Yeah I can do that. Considering how fast Jimbo can knock out sketch covers this one will be a lot quicker. I'll start it up as soon as everybody is paid and I've grabbed all the cgc graded blanks

and this update from 10/31/2014:

Time for our first update. I've received almost everyone's books and will hopefully have the rest by next week to ship out to the Philippines. If you were sending me a book please try to get it to me asap so I don't have to hold this batch up. Hoping to have these in Jimbos hands in the next two weeks and back to cgc by the end of the month so everybody can get them by Christmas

The Christmas part got me excited because these were to be a gift...6 months later and I hope they'll arrive before this Christmas.

Jimbo still owes me a commission that I already paid $500 and have been waiting 1.5 years for. So consider yourself lucky you even have completed art.

Jimbo still owes me a commission that I already paid $500 and have been waiting 1.5 years for. So consider yourself lucky you even have completed art.

+1 Im in the same boat as you. 14 months and counting..

Frustrating to see him start AND complete new commissions/opps while he hadn't even begun on mine.

Hes been using the 'itll be finished this week' line on me for the past 6 months.

I don't think it's been too bad. It's not like we haven't seen completed art. There are other ops with a year+ of wait time and still no art. I'm sure they will be ready soon. Like with any op there is never a completion guarantee. I don't recall him saying they will be completed and in your hands by January 1st or anything.

I quoted him saying back by Christmas. It's on the third page.

Sorry I've been on the road nonstop with conventions plus like I've said several times if anybody has any complaints or questions about the opps to contact me via facebook or my email everlast6801@gmail.com. The hold up right now is no longer Jimbo it's waiting on the colorist. I understand it's been longer than some people wanted and the turnaround time was based on what the artist told me. If anybody wants a full refund even with all the pencils completed just message me via email and I'll refund you as soon as I get back from Denver Comic on this weekend.

Frustrating to see him start AND complete new commissions/opps while he hadn't even begun on mine.

Hes been using the 'itll be finished this week' line on me for the past 6 months.

John Pross is clutch and will get this opp done but Jimbo has seriously burned bridges IMHO.

I paid in full for two commissions from Jimbo directly prior to and for pickup at NYCC last year. Long story short I got a tall tale when I randomly bumped into him during the show and he bailed on me until a few weeks later when he promised that he'd mail my books with extras. Nearly ten frustrating months later I finally get a package from the guy, bagged/boarded book in a bubble mailer with no cardboard and missing the second commission. If he was a boardie I'd say he's HOS worthy.

John Pross is clutch and will get this opp done but Jimbo has seriously burned bridges IMHO.

I paid in full for two commissions from Jimbo directly prior to and for pickup at NYCC last year. Long story short I got a tall tale when I randomly bumped into him during the show and he bailed on me until a few weeks later when he promised that he'd mail my books with extras. Nearly ten frustrating months later I finally get a package from the guy, bagged/boarded book in a bubble mailer with no cardboard and missing the second commission. If he was a boardie I'd say he's HOS worthy.

Yeah definitely nothing against John. Hes a consumate pro when ive dealt with him.

Jimbo on the other hand...

Any updates on the status of this sketch opp would be appreciated.

I emailed the opp facilitator on the 4th and again today. He's been ill, and the books are back from the colourist and are at CGC now.

James

Hey guys. Sorry about the delay. CGC has already confirmed receipt of the books. If everybody can just message me confirming their book and shipping address as soon as they get back I'll get them out to you asap. Since this opp has taken a lot longer than promised I'll also be including freebies for everybody who waited patiently to make up for the wait. It'll be a mix of extra sketch covers and original art chosen randomly.