• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strangers in Paradise

87 posts in this topic

OK y'all talked me into it... I had a disjointed run of Vol. 2, so I've filled in the gaps and now have reading copies of all of Vol. 1 & 2 and most of Vol. 3 all floppies, so I can start reading the story soon... probably after I finish the Moore run of Swamp Thing which I'm nearly done with.

That's what I'm reading now! lol lol lol

I ended up starting to read SiP before finishing the Moore STs, but finally finished the ST run a couple days ago. I also started reading Gaiman's Sandman and am collecting the early Hellblazers before reading them. I'm wondering whether to continue reading Swamp Thing after #62 so any input would be appreciated... if it's worth reading, I'll have to seek out more issues. Swamp Thing Vol. 3 & 4 looked good so I started to buy them and am missing 1 or 2 issues from each series. The plan is to eventually buy the current series and Justice League Dark in bulk to read down the road...

But back on topic, I'm enjoying reading SiP, almost done with Vol. 2 & ready for Vol. 3.

Just finished reading Strangers In Paradise, finally. I really liked the last several issues.

All single issues, although the earliest issues are reprints. I took a break midway to read other stuff (got on a Lapham kick with Stray Bullets, Murder Me Dead, Young Liars, etc.). I really appreciated Moore's consistently top notch artwork and would say he's a pretty fine story teller, too. Next up: Y The Last Man...

I'm a guy, and I have to admit I might have shed a tear reading through the full arc of SIP. Moore's storytelling and art drew me in. I felt like Francine, Katchoo, and David were friends of mine. Once you care about the characters then you can be taken on the emotional rollercoaster, and Moore was very good at that.

Stray Bullets is amazing too. I recently reread the whole series and loved it. Brilliant.

YTLM was really good, but in my opinion it is not as good as SIP or SB.

Paging RMA. Let's see your sweet copy of #1.

There are 3 Blue, and 1 SS copy in 9.8 now.

:D

Mine's not so unique anymore....

Well, it's always nice to be the first.

Stray Bullets is amazing too. I recently reread the whole series and loved it. Brilliant.

Are you keeping up with the new arcs (Killers & Sunshine & Roses)?

The story continues... and the issue released today (S&R #4) drops a significant revelation about the elusive Harry.