• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blumhouse's SPAWN THE MOVIE starring Jamie Foxx (2025?)
2 2

67 posts in this topic

I hadn't heard about this until recently.

Jamie Foxx’s Inner Circle ‘Hoping For The Best’ But ‘Preparing For The Worst’ As Actor Remains Hospitalized

Jamie Foxx’s inner circle is holding out hope the actor will make a full recovery but is preparing “for the worst”, RadarOnline.com has learned.

Foxx has been hospitalized for four weeks after he suffered a medical emergency. “Jamie’s people are saying he’s doing OK and improving, while doctors try to get to the bottom of his problems — but he wouldn’t be in a hospital this long if he was anything close to OK,” said a source.

In the wake of an April 11 collapse, Jamie has received round-the-clock care at the Atlanta facility. Daughter Corinne, 29, initially announced her dad had experienced a “medical complication” without revealing any of the details.

As of May 9, the Ray star still hasn’t appeared in public — but his Instagram shared the message, “Appreciate all the love!!!! Feeling blessed.”

:(

On 5/11/2023 at 2:12 PM, Bosco685 said:

so a few days ago he was getting better but then suddenly the news started to change, hope he is going to survive whatever he's dealing with

The long-in-development Spawn reboot is apparently close to entering production, with Insidious: The Red Door producer and Blumhouse chief Jason Blum telling ComicBook.com that the current hope is to have the movie in theaters in 2025. Unfortunately, it sounds like the -script is not yet completed, because Blum suggested that the key to getting the movie back on track is the end of the current Writers Guild strike. He offered no insight as to whether the movie, which was to be directed by Todd McFarlane, is still working with McFarlane's original idea or whether big changes have been made since the last update. 

Warner Bros. released a Spawn movie in 1997, through its New Line Cinema imprint. The movie earned $88 million at the box office -- about double its budget -- but was not regarded especially well by critics or audiences. McFarlane started talking about another movie in very specific terms in around 2016, saying that he had an Oscar-winning actor interested (this later turned out to be Jamie Foxx, who remains attached to the project). The plan is for the movie to be a hard-R horror film, rather than playing in the superhero genre like the previous movie did.

"I would say you have a lot to hope for because it's in very very active development," Blum told ComicBook.com's Chris Killian. "What needs to happen is that my fellow friends the writers and the studios need to figure out their differences and get back to writing, but we've got a great group of folks putting it together, and my hope is that that movie -- my prediction is maybe we'll actually see a Spawn movie in '25. No promises, but that's my prediction."

Edited by Bosco685

Jason Blum Says Spawn is Blumhouse's Take on a Superhero Film
During a press line for New York Comic Con, Blumhouse executive Jason Blum teased that the new Spawn film will be a very dark superhero story, admitting, "Yes, I'm going to bring the Blumhouse edge [to the Spawn movie]. It's going to be edgy and original as compared to other superhero movies. It's gonna definitely feel like the Blumhouse version of a superhero movie."

Back in 2020, Blum seemed hopeful about its progress while still noting that the film had experienced longer delays than he intended. Then, earlier this year, while speaking to ComicBook, Blum expressed his high hopes for the film (along with an intended 2025 timeline), telling the publication, "I would say you have a lot to hope for because it's in very very active development. What needs to happen is that my fellow friends, the writers, and the studios need to figure out their differences and get back to writing, but we've got a great group of folks putting it together, and my hope is that that movie – my prediction is maybe we'll actually see a Spawn movie in '25. No promises, but that's my prediction."

While a 2025 placeholder release date isn't exactly the most promising for a film that's been in development hell for much longer, Blumhouse is definitely a studio that's known to get the ball rolling. So, let's just manifest that it will happen one day.