• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purchasing a Copper/Modern collection (photos now added)

144 posts in this topic

So got a phone call earlier in the week from a collector looking to sell his collection. I happened to be the third individual he called but fortunate for me, the first two were "rude" to him (his words).

Anyways, long story short:

Looked at a small subset of the collection yesterday and it pretty much starts in the late 70s and ventures up to the mid 90s. Lots and lots of nice, high grade books.

The ASM run starts in the 170s and ends around 400. It has a 238, 3 copies of 300, 6 copies of 361 (all unread) and many of the variant Spider-Man 1 covers. Good stuff!

Also has a full run of NMs, with the 87 and 98 in nice shape, with 3 copies of 100 and 2 copies of Annual 2.

Made a deal to acquire the ASMs and the NM and a few short boxes of X-Men. Only book I know is X-Men 4 (Omega Red).

The collection as a whole is easily in excess of 10k books, spanning over 300 titles. Not ever single issue is there but there are runs of all the mainstream titles with most of the key books.

I'm going to list the keys that are present and if anyone can think of any I'm missing (from that time frame), please post them here. The ones that are present are:

DC Comics Presents 26, 47

Swamp Thing 37

Suicide Squad 1

Legends 3

Omega Man 3 (multiple copies)

A-Team 1 (like 12 copies; def 9.8 candidates)

Batman 359, 386, 404-408, 426-428

X-Factor 6, 24

New Teen titans 2, 44

West Coast Avengers 1 (many copies)

Cap America 360

Hulk 340

Killing Joke

I know I'm missing some....but I know the ones above are there. Any others I should look out for?

early TMNT?

Vengeance of Bane?

Preacher 1 and other early ones?

Swamp Thing 21

Hulk 271

So got a phone call earlier in the week from a collector looking to sell his collection. I happened to be the third individual he called but fortunate for me, the first two were "rude" to him (his words).

Anyways, long story short:

Looked at a small subset of the collection yesterday and it pretty much starts in the late 70s and ventures up to the mid 90s. Lots and lots of nice, high grade books.

The ASM run starts in the 170s and ends around 400. It has a 238, 3 copies of 300, 6 copies of 361 (all unread) and many of the variant Spider-Man 1 covers. Good stuff!

Also has a full run of NMs, with the 87 and 98 in nice shape, with 3 copies of 100 and 2 copies of Annual 2.

Made a deal to acquire the ASMs and the NM and a few short boxes of X-Men. Only book I know is X-Men 4 (Omega Red).

The collection as a whole is easily in excess of 10k books, spanning over 300 titles. Not ever single issue is there but there are runs of all the mainstream titles with most of the key books.

I'm going to list the keys that are present and if anyone can think of any I'm missing (from that time frame), please post them here. The ones that are present are:

DC Comics Presents 26, 47

Swamp Thing 37

Suicide Squad 1

Legends 3

Omega Man 3 (multiple copies)

A-Team 1 (like 12 copies; def 9.8 candidates)

Batman 359, 386, 404-408, 426-428

X-Factor 6, 24

New Teen titans 2, 44

West Coast Avengers 1 (many copies)

Cap America 360

Hulk 340

Killing Joke

I know I'm missing some....but I know the ones above are there. Any others I should look out for?

I think you mean Batman #357, not #359.

I would also add:

ASM #298, 299, 316, 430, 431 to the list

Batman #368, 423

X-Factor #15? (which issue does Warren get wings clipped?)

That DC Comics Presents issue with Shazam & Supes vs. Black Adam

Marvel Team Up #95

Marvel Two-In One #52? (1st Cross-Fire)