• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purchasing a Copper/Modern collection (photos now added)

144 posts in this topic

On this issue of JLD precursor issues, it seems somewhat analogous to the Defenders try-out issues in the Sub-Mariner series. It was some of the same guys, some of the same dynamic, but not really the Defenders. I don't think it is necessarily "wrong" for ST 49-50 to be acknowledged as some kind of precursor to JLD. ultimately, the market will settle in of its own accord. For me, it is a long putt to put this in the category of "unethical" more like "puffing."

I think the claim of 'unethical' is more regarding knowingly advertising #50 as the first app when to some it seems pretty clear to some (pretty much anyone that read the comics) that #49 is the first app. And for the rational being, 'the market has decided it, therefore I can use that to advertise my comic even though I know its not technically right'.

Did you have problems keeping your mouth shut then as well? I thought 50 was the first appearance, due to misleading eBay titles. Now I know different and will correct, but if you already knew, why post wrong information? This is an easy place to make friends, don't be a jerk, and don't be a slimeball. I know nothing of you, other than your comments. If you feel people have the wrong perception of you, fix it. Don't whine, change it. And please don't take this as a shot at you, I am genuinely trying to help you.

Speculators are just sheep following sheep right over the cliff.

+1, except I think you mean lemmings. ;)

I honestly can't tell which one is more hilarious. The "collectors" and speculators who suddenly want to buy a bunch of lame comics they never cared about before just because a possible movie is announced. Or the dealers who are all stumbling over each other trying to tell the "collectors" and speculators which lame comic is the most "important" one to buy. lol:kidaround:

-J.

this is getting very common now reminds me of the 90s..

I honestly can't tell which one is more hilarious. The "collectors" and speculators who suddenly want to buy a bunch of lame comics they never cared about before just because a possible movie is announced. Or the dealers who are all stumbling over each other trying to tell the "collectors" and speculators which lame comic is the most "important" one to buy. lol:kidaround:

-J.

Yes sell them as a pair, it works wonders.

If CGC ever decides to make a notation, those with issue 50 are going to be upset. Highly unlikely this ever happens though as the team is never referred to as Justice League Dark anyway.

Ah, it appears that I misinterpreted this comment in response to my posting pics of both. :foryou:

-J.

Or your next post . . . :kidaround:

You guys seem to go to great lengths to knock me down. Nice to see that the forum will lift up some, but knock down others. It reminds me of my time in junior high school.

Peace,

Chip

I'll be more than happy to kick you while you're down when you admit to knowingly spreading misinformation. It's your actions and attitude that get you into trouble.

You guys seem to go to great lengths to knock me down. Nice to see that the forum will lift up some, but knock down others. It reminds me of my time in junior high school.

Peace,

Chip

I'll be more than happy to kick you while you're down when you admit to knowingly spreading misinformation. It's your actions and attitude that get you into trouble.

209rtpt.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man

FIoMBhN.jpg

(Back to the actual subject of this thread)

:grin: Congrats on the haul. This look amazing. Did the person you bought this from have any idea what he had or did he just not care & want to get rid of it?

AMEN to that!