• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OAF Con 2014

19 posts in this topic

Alas, MANNUP Collectibles didn't have a wall for this show, ... :blush:

e7f7c5c8-5807-45dc-b4d5-7f651ffdb003_zps69b07e1f.jpg

... but we did have quite a few kewl drool worthy books on hand!

bbad779f-af16-411e-8c42-9f3c9cd46ecf_zps6d3cbcec.jpg

And the charmingly effervescent author Rosemary Clement assisting...

28fafc63-2e37-4ebd-b5a7-73c15bfb49d4_zpsfdd55d51.jpg

PS: There are a few more images from the dealer's room over in Gold! (thumbs u

Cool looking Cap 74 from what I can make out

20141025_112131_zpsyeu0kcyc.jpg

The dealer was local (OKC area) and unfamiliar to me. He asked me to eye-ball his Timely's and provide grade opinions (I checked out his Cap #74, Mystic # 6 and a couple of other Caps). His prices were a little aggressive, especially given the raw status. That said, grade estimates seemed conservative.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my black light handy to do a resto-check, but he claimed to have owned most of the books for decades. Condition of the books I looked at bordered on high grade and appeared pressible (supple, with strong spines & few color breaks to speak of); also, the PQ was nice (OW & OW/W).

Had he not packed up early I probably would've made an offer on his Mystic #6.

Cool looking Cap 74 from what I can make out

20141025_112131_zpsyeu0kcyc.jpg

The dealer was local (OKC area) and unfamiliar to me. He asked me to eye-ball his Timely's and provide grade opinions (I checked out his Cap #74, Mystic # 6 and a couple of other Caps). His prices were a little aggressive, especially given the raw status. That said, grade estimates seemed conservative.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my black light handy to do a resto-check, but he claimed to have owned most of the books for decades. Condition of the books I looked at bordered on high grade and appeared pressible (supple, with strong spines & few color breaks to speak of); also, the PQ was nice (OW & OW/W).

Had he not packed up early I probably would've made an offer on his Mystic #6.

I to get his name but I have seen him at previous OAFs. Great books but I think aggressive is a kind way to describe his prices. Bud Plant and I were looking at them together and he thought the same. Didn't try to make any offers.

The Cap 27 was great but way up together