• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Methods to remove the sticker

32 posts in this topic

I've used VM&P Naphtha (Home Depot or any other similar store) before with nice results. It is a product very similar to nail polish. I dab it on with a Q-Tip until the sticker is soaked& then peel it off. It evaporates quickly & leaves no residue. There is always a chance it could remove ink but the 3 or 4 times I've used it I've had no problems. I would be concerned about using a blow dryer, thinking the heat could warp the cover.

I've used VM&P Naphtha (Home Depot or any other similar store) before with nice results. It is a product very similar to nail polish. I dab it on with a Q-Tip until the sticker is soaked& then peel it off. It evaporates quickly & leaves no residue. There is always a chance it could remove ink but the 3 or 4 times I've used it I've had no problems. I would be concerned about using a blow dryer, thinking the heat could warp the cover.

I am astonishingly surprised that I have that one at my home. That was used to clean the paint brushes. Never thought of it.

Like this one?

20141101_181127-2_zps255887fa.jpg

I am astonishingly surprised that I have that one at my home. That was used to clean the paint brushes. Never thought of it.

Like this one?

20141101_181127-2_zps255887fa.jpg

If you use this do it outside or in a very well ventilated area. Naphtha is bad news if inhaled.

Are you not concerned the comic will smell from this stuff ?

Not at all.

Yeah, it was recommended to me years ago by a board member who was well versed in restoration techniques.

I had a book that was ruined with thick sticky tape running up the whole spine. I soaked the spine in the Naphtha for awhile & was able to remove 40 year old tape. It's not perfect but I was amazed that tape came off & I can actually store the book in a bag without it sticking to it.

No odor or residue left behind.

Not at all.

Yeah, it was recommended to me years ago by a board member who was well versed in restoration techniques.

I had a book that was ruined with thick sticky tape running up the whole spine. I soaked the spine in the Naphtha for awhile & was able to remove 40 year old tape. It's not perfect but I was amazed that tape came off & I can actually store the book in a bag without it sticking to it.

I will dip my book into the leaded gasoline and hang it up. Have to love smelling it.

By the way, it sounds good to me.

Not at all.

I will dip my book into the leaded gasoline and hang it up. Have to love smelling it.

I never thought of dipping a book into leaded gasoline before. hm

Not at all.

I never thought of dipping a book into leaded gasoline before. hm

:facepalm:

EDIT- These are directions on how to remove a sticker applied directly to a plastic case. Please do not try this method on paper comic books!!!

http://www.un-du.com/

Oh boy oh boy you can all thank me later. I just got a bottle in and man is the stuff amazing.

Sticker GONE

Residue GONE

Step 1: add about 5 drops across all sections of the label

Step 2: add a few drops as needed

Step 3: rub the residue with the extra un-du

Step 4: wipe off the liquid

Step 5: repeat 2-4 if needed

Sticker and residue gone in about 30 seconds

http://www.un-du.com/

Oh boy oh boy you can all thank me later. I just got a bottle in and man is the stuff amazing.

Sticker GONE

Residue GONE

Step 1: add about 5 drops across all sections of the label

Step 2: add a few drops as needed

Step 3: rub the residue with the extra un-du

Step 4: wipe off the liquid

Step 5: repeat 2-4 if needed

Sticker and residue gone in about 30 seconds

you going to come to my house and bring some or what?

Doesn't ship outside of US?!