• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, comic_memories said:

was that the end state? I believe  I was the only one who said it might make a billion.  your a class act dude

Thanks. I'll take that as a compliment. I'm sure you mean well with your 'Marvel vs DC' thing.

:wink:

Finally watched this with the family last night. Everyone enjoyed it immensely. Lots of fun and a great addition to Marvel Galactic (or whatever their off-earth themed movies are termed).

Edited by RedRaven

Bought the HDX Digital copy last night and watched it with the family. Really enjoyed this as a rewatch (and could again).

The only things that detract a tiny bit from this for me is my liking the Warriors Three so much and seeing them killed off. Along with Sif not being there to defend Asgard.

I wonder if Infinity War will lead to rebuilding Asgard, along with bringing these beloved characters back?

On 1/23/2018 at 8:11 AM, fantastic_four said:

Like all the new Disney 4K discs, however, it's upscaled from 1080p and probably not worth paying the 4k premium for unless you're an HDR junkie.

http://realorfake4k.com/my-product/thor-ragnarok/

I skipped 4K on this one and went with the region free 3D version from Amazon.Uk

4 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I skipped 4K on this one and went with the region free 3D version from Amazon.Uk

Marvel film 4K's tend to be upscaled, anyway.

For £10 extra, a little pointless.

Still not managed to see Black Panther yet.

On 1/27/2018 at 3:46 PM, jsilverjanet said:

This is how I felt. I actually think I like the first two movies more now as a result of watching this movie. 

Loki was a very likeable character as was Valkyrie but Hemsworth was a bit full of himself 

Saw it a couple weeks ago and am with you.   It was my least favorite of the Thor movies (and I didn't like the other 2 very much).  The best scene was when Hela destroyed Mjolnir (and they gave that away in the trailer). 

As someone else said, way too "jokey".   The opening scene, all Thor did was joke/taunt/one-line.  He sounded more like Spider-Man or Deadpool than Thor.   

I turned it off about an hour into it.  

Watched Thor Ragnarok last night on rental.

I thought it was very entertaining, I liked all of the cast and the movie looked great. It was funny at times (mostly the banter between Thor & Loki) but it was no where near as funny as most was making it out to be. I can see where certain scenes were setup where I knew "oh I'm supposed to laugh at this" but it generally fell flat.

Hulk talked too much for my liking.
The Warrior's Three was taken out way to easy and just throwaway characters after they had such a big part in the first two movies.
Disappointed there was no Lady Sif :(
Korg was hilarious, big rock dude with a high pitched New Zealander voice.
Valkyrie was awesome and a great contrast to Thor.

The film was played for laughs with no real threat or substance throughout the movie but I went in expecting that. Would definitely watch it again, I'd rate it about a 7/10.
Edited by bane
Added some more thoughts

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:50 AM, bane said:
Watched Thor Ragnarok last night on rental.

I thought it was very entertaining, I liked all of the cast and the movie looked great. It was funny at times (mostly the banter between Thor & Loki) but it was no where near as funny as most was making it out to be. I can see where certain scenes were setup where I knew "oh I'm supposed to laugh at this" but it generally fell flat.

Hulk talked too much for my liking.
The Warrior's Three was taken out way to easy and just throwaway characters after they had such a big part in the first two movies.
Disappointed there was no Lady Sif :(
Korg was hilarious, big rock dude with a high pitched New Zealander voice.
Valkyrie was awesome and a great contrast to Thor.

The film was played for laughs with no real threat or substance throughout the movie but I went in expecting that. Would definitely watch it again, I'd rate it about a 7/10.

I could be wrong, but I think Korg was actually the director. 

Yes, the lack of Sif and easy end of the Warriors Three was tough.

It's incredible what little set pieces studios need nowadays to make a scene look totally amazing once professional CGI is applied. But it also shows actors aren't just talking monkeys, dancing to the organ grinder's tune. They have to envision all this around them while delivering their performances. It has to take a lot of concentration and visualization.

On 12/22/2017 at 9:49 AM, CBT said:

Actual Numbers based analysis:

Ragnarok's final total will be about whether larger holidays audience can make up for stiffer competition, and how quickly its pulled out of theatres.

It should be at $850 by Christmas, and virtually no scenario sees it struggling to get to $850 as a final total.

It's high side estimate would be around $870, and its low $860ish.

It has an outside shot at passing Guardians still.

On 12/22/2017 at 10:00 AM, CBT said:

So I would say MAXIMUM final total is $875 and likely total will be around $860.

On 12/11/2017 at 7:50 PM, Bosco685 said:

$840M-$860M worldwide.

qcDopNZ.jpg

'Actual numbers analysis' didn't end up so 'actual'. Not that this movie was not a tremendous success.

On 3/26/2018 at 6:41 PM, Bosco685 said:

qcDopNZ.jpg

'Actual numbers analysis' didn't end up so 'actual'. Not that this movie was not a tremendous success.

just saw this now.

My prediction was guaranteed $850, final total "around $860",  as you quoted final number was  $854.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

Actual analysis was ACTUAL and nailed it.

Edited by CBT