• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HERITAGE November................................................

408 posts in this topic

looking at a couple books but would rather knock on GAtor's door ...

NYcc might have stunk for sales but we had a phenomenal 2014 sales year. I'm pretty much in buy mode till next April when we will start cons again (megacon, c2e2, etc)

To be honest, there's only currently 1 book I'd be knocking at your door for ;)

Best of the Best in this auction

...from the Kirby Cofer collection the very rare and best Mickey Mouse paintings which was authorized by Disney...Floyd Gottfredson..he did not do as many paintings as carl barks around 20...but this the best of the best and his largest at 21x16. It sold a long time ago for over 65K....but that was a long time ago, no reserve and it should go around 20K for a great deal...anything under that is a steal..a true rarity and masterpiece. Right now its $1200 and its gonna go super cheap compared to what it sold for.

I agree that this is an exceptionally nice item. No one came close to Gottfredson in getting character into the mouse.

Cap 1 either 6.5 or 6.0 is the best economic buy in the auction..Cap 3 movie with Iron man is gonna be a smash along with Avengers 2.....best GA Key buy in comics right now and has been for a while....

The trouble is, none of that is a secret and bidding will be through the roof on that book.

Cap 1 either 6.5 or 6.0 is the best economic buy in the auction..Cap 3 movie with Iron man is gonna be a smash along with Avengers 2.....best GA Key buy in comics right now and has been for a while....

The trouble is, none of that is a secret and bidding will be through the roof on that book.

Don`t be silly. MM`s post was the first time in history that someone realized that Cap 1 was a desirable book.

I have a bad feeling that neither of those Cap 1s are going to end cheap. (Anyone want to do my wallet a favor and sell me a Cap 1 6.0+ right now?)

I dont think GA books are being affected by specific movie news... they're moving on their own accord and the general super hero awareness that the movies have brought.

I'll happily be proven wrong though!

I dont think GA books are being affected by specific movie news... they're moving on their own accord and the general super hero awareness that the movies have brought.

I'll happily be proven wrong though!

I think you're right, with the exception of Batmans and Tecs with Joker covers. They were always popular, but I think I paid $225 for a VF copy of Tec #76 in 1988--sold it for less than that in '94 or '95--whereas a non-Joker cover from the same time period, in the same grade, would've cost about $200. I haven't crunched the numbers, but I think the premium is lot more than 12.5% these days.

I have a bad feeling that neither of those Cap 1s are going to end cheap. (Anyone want to do my wallet a favor and sell me a Cap 1 6.0+ right now?)

not content with my old copy? lol

Best of the Best in this auction

...from the Kirby Cofer collection the very rare and best Mickey Mouse paintings which was authorized by Disney...Floyd Gottfredson..he did not do as many paintings as carl barks around 20...but this the best of the best and his largest at 21x16. It sold a long time ago for over 65K....but that was a long time ago, no reserve and it should go around 20K for a great deal...anything under that is a steal..a true rarity and masterpiece. Right now its $1200 and its gonna go super cheap compared to what it sold for.

I agree that this is an exceptionally nice item. No one came close to Gottfredson in getting character into the mouse.

The problem is his paintings are so rare and never come to market..when one does it is either gonna flame out or get big numbers, the last time this masterpiece sold was like 20 years ago...I think this could go 1/3 or what it sold for at that time.

Honorable Mention....2000+ items here are couple of more sure bets...

Captain Marvel Jr# 115 9.4...great cover, great condition, and low low price right now..guide about 2k+ for highest graded copy..it at 400....look for it to go about half of guide. Lot 90916

Crimes by women # 2 Mile high/ white pages...another great cover 91107

Planet Comics #8...I have never seen this before in my 50 years of collecting, 8.5 with a great GG cover.( # 58 cover is amazing also)

Hit comics # 26 rare with a great cover..this one will cost you a bit more

Intimate Confessions 2-8 MH copies.....This is what the word Rare is all about...a number of them I have never seen before...somebody should buy them all...