• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars returns to Marvel Comics

709 posts in this topic

Are people actively chasing second, third, and fourth prints? Or are those selling mostly to people who didn't get in on the first prints?

I am collecting a complete or near compete set the nth printings. However, I keep on wishing for the final printings. It doesn't seem like there's any end in sight. Star Wars #1 recently had a Directors Cut. Now a sixth print is in the works with a green cover. Maybe there will be a 10th printing with a gold or platinum cover in December.

Does anyone know what the next action figure variant is going to be?

Lando #1 is going to be a Star Wars logo action figure cover of Lando. A lot of people thought it was going to be an Empire Strikes Back logo.

Looking at the upcoming variants from the Diamond Distributing Previews website indicates Star Wars 7 will have an action figure variant along with three non action figure retailer incentive variants. No image of the cover is available yet. I am really hoping it's of a Jawa or Tusken Raider (sand person) given that issue 7 is supposed to be an Obi Wan flashback story set on Tattooine.

Does anyone know what the next action figure variant is going to be?

Lando #1 is going to be a Star Wars logo action figure cover of Lando. A lot of people thought it was going to be an Empire Strikes Back logo.

Looking at the upcoming variants from the Diamond Distributing Previews website indicates Star Wars 7 will have an action figure variant along with three non action figure retailer incentive variants. No image of the cover is available yet. I am really hoping it's of a Jawa or Tusken Raider (sand person) given that issue 7 is supposed to be an Obi Wan flashback story set on Tattooine.

That's racist!!

Marvel is gonna keep printing them as long as we keep buying them. :gossip:

It's too late for me due to the pre-order nature of my later printing purchases. This is more evidence of why I might need to become less of a completist. I am already missing some sketch variant covers (of the 1st prints) though. I suspect there are still two other board members that may have a more completist approach than I currently do (RJRJR & roanry). I am not 100% sure though.

I went to a local store and they have so damn many copies of all Star Wars back issues (except SW #1 and Vader #3). They didn't have any reprints, though. So, I guess the argument can be said that those reprints are "more rare," which might be cool to own for some collectors since the regular covers are going to be easy to find for a long, long time.

It's too late for me due to the pre-order nature of my later printing purchases. This is more evidence of why I might need to become less of a completist. I am already missing some sketch variant covers (of the 1st prints) though. I suspect there are still two other board members that may have a more completist approach than I currently do (RJRJR & roanry). I am not 100% sure though.

I have all the reprints but I too am missing some of the sketch variants. I cannot justify the prices. Be patient. These prices will come down.

I am in Europe right now and I am glad I did not buy any of the European exclusives on eBay. Picked up quite a few at cover which is much less than eBay prices.

I went to a local store and they have so damn many copies of all Star Wars back issues (except SW #1 and Vader #3). They didn't have any reprints, though. So, I guess the argument can be said that those reprints are "more rare," which might be cool to own for some collectors since the regular covers are going to be easy to find for a long, long time.

These reprints are charting in the top 300 comics. In some cases we are talking 10,000+ copies. I do not think they are going to be too hard to get.

These reprints are charting in the top 300 comics. In some cases we are talking 10,000+ copies. I do not think they are going to be too hard to get.

I notice the same thing about the relatively heavy print runs of the Star Wars reprints. I still wonder if the Star Wars #1 2nd print has a smaller run though. I recall my local comic shop not being able to order any copies due to the Diamond order cut-off being only a few days after the Star Wars #1 1st print was already released in January.

At this time, it seems like the reprints will continue until the print runs actually fall outside of the top 300 comics. Perhaps it's become kind of a waiting game of reprint collecting to eventually buy a low print run reprint variant. This is just a guess on my part though.

I have all the reprints but I too am missing some of the sketch variants. I cannot justify the prices. Be patient. These prices will come down.

I am in Europe right now and I am glad I did not buy any of the European exclusives on eBay. Picked up quite a few at cover which is much less than eBay prices.

Hopefully you had a good trip in Europe. Some of my sketch variants (including the Forbidden Planet sketch cover) ended up being really expensive. I might try buying some more sketch variants in a few months.

Is the Kanan series a limited series? Anyone think that will be a series with legs?

Also, since I'm here: what are your thoughts on first appearances in these books? I don't see any of these books getting hot or becoming overly valuable (the regular covers, I mean), but do you think there will be more interest in first appearances, such as that Aphra and the droids?

Is the Kanan series a limited series? Anyone think that will be a series with legs?

Also, since I'm here: what are your thoughts on first appearances in these books? I don't see any of these books getting hot or becoming overly valuable (the regular covers, I mean), but do you think there will be more interest in first appearances, such as that Aphra and the droids?

Kanan drops "the last padawan" from it's title as of issue #6. So I guess it has legs enough to make it an ongoing that keeps going.

And Darth Vader #3 regular cover 1st print is still hot, averaging $15.00 a copy locally.

What the hell is up with Marvel's paper quality?

On Wednesday I must have looked through 100 copies of Vader 7 and 100 copies Leia 5. Not a single 9.8 copy. Hell all the Leia 5's were significantly worse. I grabbed the best i could and that was maybe an 8.5 due to all the spine creasing.