• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars returns to Marvel Comics

709 posts in this topic

Okay so how's the SW1 variants shaking out now that things have settled down just a bit?

Which variants are turning out to be $$ and holding/rising since the first avalanche of variants for #1 came out?

Okay so how's the SW1 variants shaking out now that things have settled down just a bit?

Which variants are turning out to be $$ and holding/rising since the first avalanche of variants for #1 came out?

I've been wondering this myself.

I figured the main Ross variant would sustain, and maybe even rise some, in value.

I've been wondering this myself.

I figured the main Ross variant would sustain, and maybe even rise some, in value.

The Ross is holding well at $30/$40 raw on the bay and about $175 9.8 (ETA: I have a 9.8 in transit that I submitted back in January so that's what got me thinking)

I like that one and the Granov/Forbidden Planet color Iron-Man homage (which is also in the same $ ballpark for raws)

Seems like the Books-a-Million variant is quite limited and sought after.

They're all still available on their website.

Which ones should I be ordering?

The color one, but it's sold out. The BW doesn't have much demand.

It's hard to believe it has been 3 months, but I finally got around to reviewing Star Wars #1:

http://swcomiccollector.blogspot.com/2015/04/review-star-wars-1-january-2015.html

I hope it is a balanced review showing both the good and bad. I have not read subsequent issues, yet.

I plan on catching up on my Star Wars reviews in the next week (Star Wars #2 and #3, Darth Vader #1 - 3, and Princess Leia #1.) Hopefully I can keep up with these reviews monthly when my DCBS order arrives.

I enjoyed doing the review, so I don't feel like it was a chore. But, my life is pretty busy between works, wife, kids, coaching, and blogging. Getting caught up on my new comic reading has been something I want to do, but never seem to have time. :) That is another reason why I scaled back my new issue buying to just Star Wars titles.

I'm really enjoying the Darth Vader series as well as the Star Wars series. Did not expect to have these on my pull lists.

I feel it's been a long time since a Star Wars issue has been released.

i'm i the only one that hears C-P3O voices when reading anything from triple zero.

Nope! It makes the character more interesting that way!

I totally agree. I think that Darth Vader #3 and #4 are my favorite issues of all the material Marvel has released this year. In Darth Vader #4, Darth Vader states that the droids are expendable. I suspect that he is trying not to become attached to them in any way similar to the way Anakin Skywalker was with C-3PO and R2-D2.