• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Expansion Requests - Existing Sets Only!

435 posts in this topic

Gemma,

How about adding X-Men 2nd Series issue #1's all 4 covers instead of just having a #1 for the Jim Lee X-Men 1991 set? Jim Lee's art is in all of the #1 covers and thought it would make sense to have all 4 versions of the #1 cover in that particular set that make for the complete scene. Glad to see the set already has the 2011 20th Anniv. Edition cover of the #1 and also the Special Collector's Edition of the #1 issue.

Cover #1a: Beast//Storm/Archangel/Jean Grey/Professor X Cover

Cover #1b: Colossus/Gambit/Psylocke/Rogue Cover

Cover #1c: Cyclops/Wolverine/Iceman Cover

Cover #1d: Magneto

Thanks!

• Administrator
Hi Gemma,

Re: Detective Comics (2011) set.

Please would you add the following issue:

#27 Special Edition (Aug 2014)

Thank you.

BW

Hello please add the following

Set: Batman (2011)

Book Requested: The Batman Exhibit nn 2014 D.C.

Thanks

Each of these books seem to be a special issue released for an event and not correlating to the series or storyline of the set requested. Would it be better to just put them both in the Batman One-Shots set?

Hello,

Thanks

It is actually a reprint of issue #1 of the Batman (2011) New 52 set by Capullo and Snyder. It just has a Variant Cover.

So if it is possible to add to the Batman (2011) it would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi Gemma,

Re: Detective Comics (2011) set.

Please would you add the following issue:

#27 Special Edition (Aug 2014)

Thank you.

BW

Hello please add the following

Thanks

Each of these books seem to be a special issue released for an event and not correlating to the series or storyline of the set requested. Would it be better to just put them both in the Batman One-Shots set?

Hi Gemma,

I understand your reasoning for the Detective Comics #27 Special Edition not going into the Detective Comics (2011) set. However in my view, this comic has been released under the title of "Detective Comics" with the "New 52" banner and as a celebration of 75 years of Batman in Detective Comics, I can't think of a better place to put it than the current Detective Comics set.

BW

Hi Gemma,

Could you please add these three issues to the Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return) set:

Superman: The Man of Steel #19 - Second Printing

Cert # 1202130008

Adventures of Superman #505 - Collector's Edition

Cert # 1202130006

Superman #74 - Third Printing

Cert # 1202130011

Thanks!

Gemma,

How about adding X-Men 2nd Series issue #1's all 4 covers instead of just having a #1 for the Jim Lee X-Men 1991 set? Jim Lee's art is in all of the #1 covers and thought it would make sense to have all 4 versions of the #1 cover in that particular set that make for the complete scene. Glad to see the set already has the 2011 20th Anniv. Edition cover of the #1 and also the Special Collector's Edition of the #1 issue.

Cover #1a: Beast//Storm/Archangel/Jean Grey/Professor X Cover

Cover #1b: Colossus/Gambit/Psylocke/Rogue Cover

Cover #1c: Cyclops/Wolverine/Iceman Cover

Cover #1d: Magneto

Thanks!

CGC will not do this for these (and a few others). When the #1s were labeled they were not done so as variants so everything in the census is a large mix. There is no way to go back and fix it so they do not fix it going forward. I could never get a solid answer as to why they did not view them as separate at the time but it now is what it is after 15ish years of slabbing.

Hi, Gemma!!

I wanted to see if you could add a book to a set for me. I just recently found out that there are two versions of Dazzler #1. The more common regular version, and the more uncommon "printing error" version.

The difference is pages 24&25, where the regular version had the pages in color and the printing error version has them in black and white. I've done some research and determined that this is not a one time error, there are plenty of copies of both versions out there, though the error version is rarer.

Could you please add a new slot in the Dazzler set for the "printing error" version of Dazzler #1? That way I can display both versions in my set and get the extra registry points associated with it (prob the same amount of points, though maybe a few more for the error version?). I would really appreciate it! :)

Below are pictures of both of my graded copies, along with pictures of the pages showing the difference between the two versions.

Thanks Gemma!! You're the best!

imagejpg1_zpsc47a42fc.jpg

imagejpg2_zps3769cf77.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsdb8ed175.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsfc036fac.jpg

:hi: Gemma

Please add the following issues to the Image Comics - Peter Panzerfaust registry set:

Peter Panzerfaust #20 - 8/14

Peter Panzerfaust #20 - Variant Cover - 8/14 - "Virgin Cover"

Peter Panzerfaust #21 - 10/14

Peter Panzerfaust #21 - Variant Cover - 10/14

Thanks! :foryou:

Hello,

This might be already decided, but it surprised me it was missing!

Star Wars #1 - #107

* Registered set already contains the price variants and the three annuals so it is not strictly #1 - #107.

I would think it should add:

Return of the Jedi (1983 & Jan, 1984):

#1, #2, #3, & #4

Given it was a "micro series" within the same release structure as the main comic with overlapping release timing. Most Star Wars fans are collecting this micro series release as well. There are many graded copies in circulation.

Thanks!

Hello,

Star Wars #1 - #107

* Registered set already contains the price variants and the three annuals so it is not strictly #1 - #107.

#1, #2, #3, & #4

Given it was a "micro series" within the same release structure as the main comic with overlapping release timing. Most Star Wars fans are collecting this micro series release as well. There are many graded copies in circulation.

Thanks!

please don't add this

thanks

Hello,

Star Wars #1 - #107

#1, #2, #3, & #4

Thanks!

please don't add this

thanks

Is there a reason why you do not want them included?

Honestly just curious.

It appears to be a very logical part of the original Star Wars comic set?

Hello,

Star Wars #1 - #107

#1, #2, #3, & #4

Thanks!

please don't add this

thanks

Honestly just curious.

its a different title.

Not that many people who had the 107 Star Wars wouldn't also want the ROTJ, but if someone said "I own the entire original Star Wars comic series", I wouldn't expect that person to have meant that they own the ROTJ mini too. Not that I wouldn't ask about it, but I just don't think about it the same way.

Now that might be different for other series (although I think IN GENERAL things lean more toward my theory), but in this case I think we would lean where the majority of the public leans.

Hello,

Star Wars #1 - #107

#1, #2, #3, & #4

Thanks!

please don't add this

thanks

Honestly just curious.

its a different title.

Not that many people who had the 107 Star Wars wouldn't also want the ROTJ, but if someone said "I own the entire original Star Wars comic series", I wouldn't expect that person to have meant that they own the ROTJ mini too. Not that I wouldn't ask about it, but I just don't think about it the same way.

Now that might be different for other series (although I think IN GENERAL things lean more toward my theory), but in this case I think we would lean where the majority of the public leans.

Got it. Makes sense.

My thinking was given they did "A New Hope" and "Empire Strikes Back" in-line with the 107, the only way to even cover the first three movies in the comics was by including ROTJ mini (which is just a decision they made to do it differently by the third movie).

I might just have a different point of view. I am surprised Star Wars collectors would leave off ROTJ just on the movie coverage alone. However, I am more a Star Wars collector then a pure comic collector so I could see others seeing it differently in the comic world.

At this point, I am not sure if ROTJ is part of any collection in the Registry. It sort of "disappears".

At this point, I am not sure if ROTJ is part of any collection in the Registry. It sort of "disappears".

This mini series exists on the registry under the set name Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

Yikes! I must have looked at that list 10 times and missed it.

I would like to blame the obscure set name. However, "Stars Wars: Return of the Jedi" does appear to be pretty clear and obvious :)

Thanks! At least I can enter my comics now.

Greetings And Salutations,

When time allows, could you please add to the following set:

My Little Pony (IDW)

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic # 12 - Convention Edition - 10/13

Thank you and Happy Holidays to all!