• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Expansion Requests - Existing Sets Only!

435 posts in this topic

Gemma,

Can you please add the following to the J. Scott Campbell Cover Registry Set?

Amazing Spider-Man #1 Campbell Variant Cover (1275695003)

Superior Spider-Man #1 Midtown Variant Cover (1128576001)

Thanks again.

Hi Gemma,

Please would you add the "Futures End" Lenticular covers (Nov 2014) to the following sets:

Batgirl (2011)

Birds of Prey (2011)

Supergirl (2011)

Worlds' Finest (2012)

Thank you.

BW

Hi Gemma,

Please would you add the Lego Variants (Jan 2015) to the following sets:

Action Comics (2011) - issue #36

Justice League United (2014) - issue #6

Supergirl (2011) - issue #36

Thank you.

BW

I am requesting the slot for

Wolverine v3 #20 Wizard Authentic Edition

be removed from the

Wolverine (2003) set.

I can not find any proof of its existence.

There is a Wolverine v3 #20 Wizard World 2004 Con Edition, which can be encased in a CGC graded slab, or the Wizard VIP 9.5 red slab.

But I have not been able to track down a copy of the listed Wolverine v3 #20 Wizard Authentic Edition.

If someone can provide proof this book exists, that would be great.

If not, I would like it removed from the set listing.

Thanks!

Reed

be removed from the

Wolverine (2003) set.

There is a Wolverine v3 #20 Wizard World 2004 Con Edition, which can be encased in a CGC graded slab, or the Wizard VIP 9.5 red slab.

But I have not been able to track down a copy of the listed Wolverine v3 #20 Wizard Authentic Edition.

There's 12 copies in the CGC census ...

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Wolverine&publisher=Marvel+Comics&issue=v3+%2320&year=2004&issuedate=12%2F04

Here's one of them:

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/verify-cgc-comic.aspx?cgc-comic-cert=0633270001

Hi Gemma,

Re: Lady Death set.

There have been several recent additions to this set which I politely request to be removed, please. These are:

Lady Death (Coffin) 0 Elite Edition

Lady Death (Coffin) 0 Supernatural Edition

Lady Death (Coffin) 1 Blood Edition

Lady Death (Coffin) 1 18th Anniversary Edition

Lady Death (Coffin) 1 Naughty Aquarius Edition

Lady Death (Coffin) 1 Vet Tix Edition

Lady Death: The Rapture (Boundless) 1 Bliss Edition

Lady Death Annual (Avatar) 1 Leather Edition

The "Lady Death" set has always been a set solely for Avatar/Boundless publications 2010-2013.

I would suggest "The Rapture Bliss Edition" and "Annual Leather Edition" would be best placed in the LD Minis & One Shots set with their related variants.

If I may, I would ask that the Coffin Comics editions are given their own set as they are not related to the Avatar/Boundless series.

I've also noticed each registered Lady Death set has a "last modified" date of 2/9/2015 even though no modifications were made.

Thank you.

BW

Gemma,

Could you please add the following to the Notti & Nyce Set:

Notti & Nyce v#2 #6 Mychaels "Chase" Edition (0250363001)

Notti & Nyce v#2 #3 Convention "Nice" AP Edition Ebas (0249387002)

Notti & Nyce v#2 #3 Convention "Naughty" AP Edition Ebas (0249387001)

Thank you.

Gemma,

Can you add to the Walking Dead (Complete with Variants) registry set the following issues?

Walking Dead #1 Wizard World New Orleans

Walking Dead #1 Wizard World New Orleans Sketch

Can I also request that they receive the same amount of registry points as all the other (or most all of the other) Wizard World variants (just to keep them equitable with all the rest)?

Thank you!!! :)

Ryan

be removed from the

Wolverine (2003) set.

Thanks!

Reed

I would quote this to infinity for all sets plagued by the "Wizard Authentic Edition" additions; many people have requested they be removed but none have succeeded.

The authentic editions were created with CGC when both companies were cross promoting; since CGC no longer recognizes the Wizard First books they need to retire these as well. Simply put the noted excuse to label these as variants was that they were "manufactured with wizard authentic holographic sticker" and signed no longer cuts the mustard.

These are direct editions of books that were signed by artists/writers and a sticker placed in one of the corners directly on the book. As a result they can only receive a green label or down graded yellow label with an additional witnessed signature. Dynamic Forces has done this same thing over the years; applying a sticker to a book to "authenticate" a signature and no one calls them variants.

CGC's business with Wizard is long over in the promotion department for these forced books the rest of us should not have to suffer with the result.

• Administrator

While I have rebutted suggestions to increase their score as they are "rare" I also feel that removing them completely will probably cause a stir. How about I set them all to non-competitive so they don't affect the completeness of the set but can still be displayed with other variants (though I agree it is not a true variant, but I don't want to just remove them....).

If you wanted to start a poll that would be fine, but I feel that the TPB issue is still not 100% resolved despite a poll. :shrug:

While I have rebutted suggestions to increase their score as they are "rare" I also feel that removing them completely will probably cause a stir. How about I set them all to non-competitive so they don't affect the completeness of the set but can still be displayed with other variants (though I agree it is not a true variant, but I don't want to just remove them....).

If you wanted to start a poll that would be fine, but I feel that the TPB issue is still not 100% resolved despite a poll. :shrug:

I actually think that might be a really good compromise... hm

I might have been a bit aggressive in my other reply, I think I just needed a snickers.

Hi Gemma,

Re: Batgirl (2011) set.

Please would you add the following issues:

#35 Regular (Dec 2014)

#35 Monsters Variant (Dec 2014)

#36 Lego Variant (Jan 2015).

Thank you.

BW