• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Attack on Titan" to Crossover with Marvel Comics

61 posts in this topic

Freezing is great later on. It is seinen genre, age 15-24.

Not sure if Netflix has "Gantz" but check it out if it is there.

Yes! Another Gantz fan :headbang:

Love that show, Not on Netflix though. You can get the whole series for cheap from Amazon though. And I love Attack on Titan as well. There's something about these shows that start out like a normal day in the life and then something impossibly bat mess crazy happens. Gantz, Akira, Attack on Titan, Deadman Wonderland, just to name a few.

This crossover looks awesome. Wish more stuff like this would come out.

I liked the concept of AoT but just couldn't stand most of the main characters and in episode pace.

At any point before a decision is made a character will stop and antagonize over what they are about to do, they flashback on there entire life (every time!), think about weather they should just die right here as they may not be worthy enough to continue forward. This happens multiple times in the most of the episodes sometimes even to the same character.

Opening doors is hard.

The episodes themselves suffer greatly from lack of funding and flashback filler. In an average episode there is the opening/closing, intro flash back, next episode preview, and in story flash back. Out of 24 minutes the actual episode only goes on for 18 minutes (not including a complete flashback episode of filler).

2 of my biggest complaints with this show as well. Hopefully a 2ND season will be far better.

I liked the concept of AoT but just couldn't stand most of the main characters and in episode pace.

At any point before a decision is made a character will stop and antagonize over what they are about to do, they flashback on there entire life (every time!), think about weather they should just die right here as they may not be worthy enough to continue forward. This happens multiple times in the most of the episodes sometimes even to the same character.

Opening doors is hard.

The episodes themselves suffer greatly from lack of funding and flashback filler. In an average episode there is the opening/closing, intro flash back, next episode preview, and in story flash back. Out of 24 minutes the actual episode only goes on for 18 minutes (not including a complete flashback episode of filler).

2 of my biggest complaints with this show as well. Hopefully a 2ND season will be far better.

I got bad news for you guys then, the flashback system to tell the backstories of characters becomes even more prominent later in the series. As far as only 18 minutes of air time most anime's are like that.

Easily the hottest anime in a generation.
Seriously?

The Walking Dead of anime popularity wise.

Now we need a thread wanting to know When will/will the Attack on Titan bubble burst? (:

It's a good anime, but when I see people here say it's "the best" or the "hottest anime in a generation" I have to believe they haven't seen a lot of anime or don't really have their finger on the pulse. If it's still relevant in 10+ years like Evangelion is, come talk to me.

Not sure why you feel that way Logan. In terms of the Manga it was the top selling book of 2014 (over 8 million copies sold) finally toping one piece which has been number one for about 5 years. It's been in the top 5 since it came out. Yes it's had one season and only about 25 episodes so far. Will it be ground breaking and rewrite how the industry works in the way that Mobile Suit Gundam did 40 years ago? Probably not. But it has reached a level of popularity we haven't seen in an anime since DBZ back in the 90s. Having read the manga, the story is fantastic and the guys who are doing the anime are doing a great job so far, so since they have great source material to work with, it should be this generations best anime.

its a great anime but I still love Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tale and DBZ way more.

Also High School of the Dead is a great anime on Netflix ( for your Walking Dead anime fix )

It's on Netflix? I couldn't find it anywhere?

its a great anime but I still love Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tale and DBZ way more.

Also High School of the Dead is a great anime on Netflix ( for your Walking Dead anime fix )

It's on Netflix? I couldn't find it anywhere?

Hmmm unless they recently took it off, or maybe it was on Hulu.

Soul Eater is also a great funny anime for anyone who hasn't checked it out

Netflix only has certain series, not all. There are tons of sites that offer anime series. If you watch anime, you have to watch raw in japanese with subtittle, english dub sometime give you weird voice and give up on the series. High school of the dead is great but very long delay.