• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Attack on Titan" to Crossover with Marvel Comics

61 posts in this topic

its a great anime but I still love Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tale and DBZ way more.

Also High School of the Dead is a great anime on Netflix ( for your Walking Dead anime fix )

It's on Netflix? I couldn't find it anywhere?

Hmmm unless they recently took it off, or maybe it was on Hulu.

Soul Eater is also a great funny anime for anyone who hasn't checked it out

KNEW it was on HULU, but hate having to read subtitles all the time.

its a great anime but I still love Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tale and DBZ way more.

Also High School of the Dead is a great anime on Netflix ( for your Walking Dead anime fix )

It's on Netflix? I couldn't find it anywhere?

Hmmm unless they recently took it off, or maybe it was on Hulu.

Soul Eater is also a great funny anime for anyone who hasn't checked it out

KNEW it was on HULU, but hate having to read subtitles all the time.

I have an extremely hard time sitting through and reading subtitles. However, Attack on Titan is the first anime I was able to sit through and read subtitles. I couldn't even finish ZZ Gundam and Gundam is my favorite anime series of all time. Although, it did help a little I was taking a Japanese course at the time of watching. Shingeki no Kyojin wa ii desu ne.

hate having to read subtitles

:applause:

-slym

Unless it's live action and it's obvious the story takes place in japan. I just don't like sub's in my anime.

The real Otaku are :facepalm: at what you just said.

:facepalm:

-slym

Unless it's live action and it's obvious the story takes place in japan. I just don't like sub's in my anime.

Oh, spare me. Never claimed to be a 'otaku'. :eyeroll:

-slym

:D

-slym

Being an otaku is not a good thing or something one should want to be.

Neither is being a comic geek or comic dork, yet people use those terms endearingly here all the time.

Relax.

-slym

Obviously :whatev:

I don't think AoT has its own thread anywhere so may as well blah blah blah in this one...

-------------------

Just started watching AoT this week and up to episode 9, and it's good. Definitely has a few very unexpected moments. Dumps you right in the middle of the drama with a lot of unanswered questions so I am interested to see where this goes. Has some pretty gruesome moments too but often leaves enough out of shot, in the shadows, obscured or too close up (and I think it's better for this) so that your imagination has to at times fill in the blanks. This helps by not letting the violence always become the central focus of what is going on and makes the titans a bit more creepy / horrifying. The art is crisp as well as the overall animation... there's the occasional flip between animation and stills with a narrative track. I have enjoyed enough manga and anime before to know this is going to be one I will continue watching.

OFC it's not realistic or believable, I don't think it's meant to be, so not worth watching if you are going to question it to death. The English dub / voice acting is arguably the weakest link. Sure is great escapist entertainment though and it doesn't suffer from a cultural divide where you are bombarded with references that you don't get (from what I have seen so far).

Would recommend (thumbs u

DC2xA2o.png

Are you watching it on Netflix or adult swim? The adult swim version is censored compared to the netflix version

Netflix... I don't think it's censored as such, it's just the way it is done e.g. when someone is being bitten down on it pans to the eyes of the titan, there's still blood sprayed everywhere but no full shot. Even when stuff is in full view it's not massively OTT.

Are you watching it on Netflix or adult swim? The adult swim version is censored compared to the netflix version

Netflix... I don't think it's censored as such, it's just the way it is done e.g. when someone is being bitten down on it pans to the eyes of the titan, there's still blood sprayed everywhere but no full shot. Even when stuff is in full view it's not massively OTT.

Any comments on a Spider-man crossover? I've only seen a few Netflix episodes and can't imagine how it's a good idea. It's a very unique and defined fantasy-world. So how's a modern day New Yorker with spider powers going to fit in, or even get there (assuming it's even on earth)? (shrug)

It would be like Daredevil suddenly showing up in Nausicaä valley of the wind or dropping Ghost Rider in the Fullmetal Alchemist universe. Just because you can do a thing doesn't mean you should, right?

Any comments on a Spider-man crossover? I've only seen a few Netflix episodes and can't imagine how it's a good idea. It's a very unique and defined fantasy-world. So how's a modern day New Yorker with spider powers going to fit in, or even get there (assuming it's even on earth)? (shrug)

It would be like Daredevil suddenly showing up in Nausicaä valley of the wind or dropping Ghost Rider in the Fullmetal Alchemist universe. Just because you can do a thing doesn't mean you should, right?

I think I am on the same page here, I don't know if it's just the bad fit when it comes to the different universes or more the fact that the human struggle is what makes the premise / story in AoT fit together. I think the super powers aspect would probably be the one thing that "could" match... web slinging is very similar to the AoT soldiers zipping around on wires, Wolverine / Deadpool would have similar weapons, Hulk would... well no spoilers eh? ... but the strong personalities of Marvel characters as a whole makes me think there would be a garish clash against the personalies of the AoT characters if it wasn't set in the Marvel universe. If that were the case then maybe if they had Peter Parker use his powers instead it would fit better.

Bringing the Titans to the Marvel universe could work ok. Just another day in the office fighting evil?

Crossovers in general have never been a big thing for me. I can't really comment that much as I haven't seen the whole show yet.

Thanks for the comments. (thumbs u

I can imagine a fun one-shot with Peter Parker home recouping from being poisoned, shown with manga in his lap or parked in front of the tv. He passes out and has a fever-dream of being there, helping out and interacting. Then jam a bunch of cross-over art splashes in the back pages.

Something like that. But to do it as 'really happened' to Parker, force him into that world, nope. Too weird.