• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

So how does Crossbones fit into all this?

Could he be taking the place of Nitro?

And still think they're gonna' reverse it & have

Iron Man die in the end rather than Cap.

I disagree

Captain America

has to

die

so

Bucky

can

take up the Shield

When did this story take place in comics?

2006-2007. If you have Marvel Unlimited, they have a nice streamlined way to read through the entire thing. I believe it's 93 issues or so.

Yes, but don't expect too many similarities - I think they're following it on premise alone. Even the key players are all wrong.

Bucky's role was much different and only came into play in the denouement of the war;

Black Panther was an independent entity that certainly had no specific frustrations with Bucky;

Hank Pym (not Scott Lang) was among the "executive" Pro-Registration members alongside Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic;

Secret identities were at stake for most of the heroes (while it seems Spider-Man will take the burden alone here);

Scarlet Witch was not a relevant player (she had her own issues going on, as did most of the X-Men)...

Just to name a few things :)

Thanks guys, I stopped collecting comics around the time of Bastion in the Xmen universe, which would have been right after Onslaught storyline, it was the summer after that one that I gave up, which kinda sucked because the summer AFTER that was the Apocalypse 12 storyline...I think

I was never a Avengers or Cap fan, although I did get some of the new issues that Liefeld did for Ironman, Hulk and Thor I think they were. Would have been around 97-98. There just were too many variant covers to pick up. I remember the xmas Iron Man issue with Tony Stark in a robe and santa hat variant

Any of those worth anything? lol

By the way, just as a tip for the speculators out there. Normally there's a huge bump in comic prices when characters make their debut in Marvel movies... normally casting is a big bump but then especially first trailer.

So I'd go hunting through your LCS for first appearances of Spider-Man. Pretty sure it's Amazing Fantasy 14 or 15... someone might need to double check that one to be sure.

No need to thank me!

By the way, just as a tip for the speculators out there. Normally there's a huge bump in comic prices when characters make their debut in Marvel movies... normally casting is a big bump but then especially first trailer.

So I'd go hunting through your LCS for first appearances of Spider-Man. Pretty sure it's Amazing Fantasy 14 or 15... someone might need to double check that one to be sure.

No need to thank me!

:signfunny:

No need to thank me!

Amazing Fantasy #15 is the first appearance of Amadeus Cho. Duh.