• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corniest Character EVER!!!

59 posts in this topic

Corniest Hero:

Blue Beetle

Booster Gold

US 1 (negatory, good buddy!)

Corniest Supporting Character:

Sunny Sparkle, "The Worlds Nicest Boy" from various 70s Shazam! issues.

Corniest Villain:

Batroc (cuz he's FRENCH!)

HAHA the Dazzler...i hate that b1tch with a passion....ever bargain bin has 1 or two of those

Thats a bit of a strong reaction.

I actually think that Dazzler had a lot of potential as a character. Unfortunately she has been mis-handled over the years. frown.gif

I actually think that Dazzler had a lot of potential as a character.

The Dazzler was one of the early books I collected. To briefly recap what has already been told: I knew nothing about comics except for Superman and Superboy and Batman when I was a kid - I read no comics except a few of these, an FF 1 (I know it from the time and the story) and some ECs my older brother had stashed in the cellar.

So my godson asked me if I would collect comics with him - in 1980 - was 30 - said "Sure." So Dazzler was an early one. I remember titles like New Defenders, New Mutants, Alpha Flight (never got that one), X-Men (never got them too - maybe 1980 was too late to just try jumping in). Spiderman, of course, really impressed me. But I was also getting things like Doc Strange and Swamp Thing and - what was her name? That DC mystical woman that had one or two one-shots? Oh yeah - got into Conan and really into Red Sonja.

But amidst all this Dazzler was a lot of fun. I even remember songs I would hear on the radio: Pat Benatar, Bonnie Tyler and Smith (great version of Baby Its You with some classic organ).

Anyway (did I say this was gonna be short?) - just enjoyed Dazzler. The whole Roman thing got a bit weird. But she was a female Peter Parker of the 80's, and I think that's what I liked back then.