• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Image Expo 2015

167 posts in this topic

Holy wowzers! Nice!

I don't have a current picture of my wall. But it's the print you have, top row, second from right. Signed by Dragotta. Then each corner has a 9.8 slab next to it. #1 signed by Hickman and Dragotta with death sketch. #1 ghost. #1 forbidden planet signed by Hickman. #4 blank signed by both and huge death sketch. I want all the other prints. Especially the sniping ranger one. Just way TOOO pricey for me. I had to have this expo print though. I was just going to buy extra variants and frame those if I couldn't get one.

Old picture http://imgur.com/MSyZZir 1 and 2 have been sold and replaced with what I said above.

Well you post as well!!!! I will have a blank spot for #16 expo variant im going to have signed at ECCC by Dragotta. Hoping to get a ranger sketch to go with Red. However war being my favorite character I would prefer him. But the ranger would compliment Red perfectly!

This print will definitely be center piece. Limited to 100 makes it the most limited piece of anything I have ever owned.

I can do that for you.. Here's what it looks like now, but I'm gonna have to rearrange it soon.

Spoiler tag just incase:

Prints_zps11df07ac.jpg

Wow.

Very cool!

Thanks guys! There's some work to be done on it, so hopefully I can get on it soon!

projekt, how do you hang your slabs? I was originally thinking of hanging my set there, but opted to go with the prints instead. Felt safer for me to just put the prints in frames, instead of trying to hang the frames and doing it all wrong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ComicMount-Comic-Book-CGC-Display-A-Wall-Mount-or-Shelf-Stand-Show-Your-Comics-/171542223472?pt=US_Comic_Storage_Supplies&hash=item27f0b69a70

Bought about 30 from this dude. Slowly making themed walls, East of West, batman, image, dc, marvel, etc. Pricy. But they work wonders. Don't know if he always does it but he has always kicked me a few extras. Also discounts on larger orders. Highly reccomended.

I too frame my prints. This new one is going to require a custom frame I think though. Odd shape.

Examples here http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/676052-anyone-try-using-comic-mount-hang-their-comics-wall.html

Hope the links aren't frowned down upon

So my new 52 batman wall has over $500 of slabs on it. Been up for almost a year. None have fallen ever. I've never had a single mount fall. I make the mount super snug on the slab. Then use two nails. Top and bottom of mount. Nailed is angled towards top and bottom respectively. Mount doesn't even wiggle. I've even bumped em and the stay sturdy. I trust em. Not trying to promote just giving yall an option. Slabs are sexy. I love to display em.

Well you post as well!!!! I will have a blank spot for #16 expo variant im going to have signed at ECCC by Dragotta. Hoping to get a ranger sketch to go with Red. However war being my favorite character I would prefer him. But the ranger would compliment Red perfectly!

This print will definitely be center piece. Limited to 100 makes it the most limited piece of anything I have ever owned.

I can do that for you.. Here's what it looks like now, but I'm gonna have to rearrange it soon.

Spoiler tag just incase:

Prints_zps11df07ac.jpg

:applause:

So my new 52 batman wall has over $500 of slabs on it. Been up for almost a year. None have fallen ever. I've never had a single mount fall. I make the mount super snug on the slab. Then use two nails. Top and bottom of mount. Nailed is angled towards top and bottom respectively. Mount doesn't even wiggle. I've even bumped em and the stay sturdy. I trust em. Not trying to promote just giving yall an option. Slabs are sexy. I love to display em.

Great, thank you.

I was the buyer of the $27.99 East of West poster :shy:

Showed up in the mail today - a few dents from being hauled around the expo I'm sure, but not too crazy. I kind of figured it wouldn't be pristine and I wasn't about to wait for a seller reply at that price.

Actual size is 46.5" x 10.25" for those curious. Now to order a frame...

Finally snagged one of these for way more than I had intended to pay but the collector in me got the better of me!

What did you end up with in terms of framing? Did you have to have it done custom because of the odd size? This is my next challenge :grin:

You'll almost certainly have to go custom framing. That might be challenging though. I tried to get the SDCC Avengers Posters from the first movie custom framed at Michaels a few years and they didn't have glass or plastic long enough for it.

Ah damn michaels was my first thought too...guess I'll have to see if a local shop can do it.

Thanks for the response!

So I went to Michaels today. They CAN do it. My poster is currently there. Will be ready in two weeks. If you guys are going to get it framed I would go to a Michaels and do it ASAP! A sale started today, lucky me a total coincidence. But anyways the cheapest option you can chose costs $336.60 since its so awkwardly shaped. However because of this sale it only cost me $135.50. So go now!!!!' And save yourself some major duckets

So I went to Michaels today. They CAN do it. My poster is currently there. Will be ready in two weeks. If you guys are going to get it framed I would go to a Michaels and do it ASAP! A sale started today, lucky me a total coincidence. But anyways the cheapest option you can chose costs $336.60 since its so awkwardly shaped. However because of this sale it only cost me $135.50. So go now!!!!' And save yourself some major duckets

What?!??1

I need mine to get here, NOW, haha!