• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value of Restored comics

68 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2017 at 10:53 PM, BIZZARRO said:

I paid 8300.00 for my AF15 RESTORED 3.0 S.A  pages ow to white BACK IN 2015. small amount of color touch.

I love the book, Its my way to own this grail at a reasonable price. I am thinking on removing the color touch, any thoughts

or advice??

It's all about the amount of color touch.  Since the label says "Small amount" that's a good thing but you need to know exactly where the CT is.

I have bought 2 AF15s that had color touch and had the CT removed.  The first was a 7.0.  When the CT was removed I sent it in for grading and received a 7.0 blue lable.  WOOHOO. (it turned out to be 1 tiny dot of CT).

The second AF15 was a 5.0, and when I had the CT removed it became a 3.0 but looked HORRIBLE.

CT removal is a cautionary pursuit. 

Edited by gadzukes

On 12/3/2017 at 7:56 PM, gadzukes said:

It's all about the amount of color touch.  Since the label says "Small amount" that's a good thing but you need to know exactly where the CT is.

I have bought 2 AF15s that had color touch and had the CT removed.  The first was a 7.0.  When the CT was removed I sent it in for grading and received a 7.0 blue lable.  WOOHOO. (it turned out to be 1 tiny dot of CT).

The second AF15 was a 5.0, and when I had the CT removed it became a 3.0 but looked HORRIBLE.

CT removal is a cautionary pursuit. 

Here are the graders notes, small ct upper left cover, small ct upper right cover. What do I think the grade may come back?

036956C9-7936-4853-B884-0B797DE42A8D.jpeg

8 hours ago, BIZZARRO said:

Here are the graders notes, small ct upper left cover, small ct upper right cover. What do I think the grade may come back?

Upper left & upper right means CT in the brown area.  I would not recommend having that removed.  Here's what it may look like when finished.

P1070380_2.JPG

9 hours ago, BIZZARRO said:

I am glad you showed me this. It would kill me to do that to this book.

ill keep it and save for a blue label. I would also sell it if it got enough love.

BTW... that AF15 I showed you above... the label on it said "VERY small amount of color touch".  By adding the word "Very" into the note, I thought it was only going to have a couple dots of color and it ended up having a ton of CT.

21 hours ago, gadzukes said:

BTW... that AF15 I showed you above... the label on it said "VERY small amount of color touch".  By adding the word "Very" into the note, I thought it was only going to have a couple dots of color and it ended up having a ton of CT.

You call that very small amount of ct!?  :facepalm:   I wonder if CGC simply made a mistake on labeling it that way.  I've received books with also the same notation on the label and it ended up being just a small portion of the book, which was indicative of the notes on the label.