• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what do you do when this happens??

114 posts in this topic

They were not missed. The time frame is unimportant, as it is still within the deadline.

Unfortunately, communication is not required with reasonable sellers, for buyer's to get their refund from Paypal.

You have to understand the converse of this statement, and I am not saying that this applies to you in any way shape or form. Fortunately, communication is not required with unreasonable sellers for buyers to get their refund from Paypal. I am sure there are several buyers of ebay Near Mint comics on this board that can attest to this.

They were not missed. The time frame is unimportant, as it is still within the deadline.

Unfortunately, communication is not required with reasonable sellers, for buyer's to get their refund from Paypal.

You have to understand the converse of this statement, and I am not saying that this applies to you in any way shape or form. Fortunately, communication is not required with unreasonable sellers for buyers to get their refund from Paypal. I am sure there are several buyers of ebay Near Mint comics on this board that can attest to this.

That's your opinion and the "communication is not required with reasonable sellers".... :roflmao: I guess that's why there's chocolate and that's why there's vanilla. You appear more as a proxy for the buyer, not a Devil's Advocate.

That's your opinion and the "communication is not required with reasonable sellers".... :roflmao: I guess that's why there's chocolate and that's why there's vanilla. You appear more as a proxy for the buyer, not a Devil's Advocate.

To be :roflmao: at the "communication is not required with reasonable sellers, for buyer's to get their refund from Paypal." you are not understanding the converse and how it affects Paypal's position. Especially considering it is nearly impossible for them to determine what is reasonable and what is not when considering the condition of $$$$ collectibles. I think you are too close to this particular instance and it is clouding your view of the big picture.

I understand that a reasonable, contrarian view is upsetting. I only offer it, so you can see how it is likely to play out with Paypal. I have also given you what I felt was the best avenue for resolution in your favor. I am on your side.

To be :roflmao: at the "communication is not required with reasonable sellers, for buyer's to get their refund from Paypal." you are not understanding the converse and how it affects Paypal's position. Especially considering it is nearly impossible for them to determine what is reasonable and what is not when considering the condition of $$$$ collectibles. I think you are too close to this particular instance and it is clouding your view of the big picture.

I understand that a reasonable, contrarian view is upsetting. I only offer it, so you can see how it is likely to play out with Paypal. I have also given you what I felt was the best avenue for resolution in your favor. I am on your side.

Thank you for clarifying your statement.You are correct, I'm too close... time to concentrate on other things.

Thank you for clarifying your statement.You are correct, I'm too close... time to concentrate on other things.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if anything comes up. I'll offer an unbiased opinion if you need it.

How long have you had that book? I think i remember seeing it in person.

I think you saw it when we all got together in Atlanta.

I think you saw it when we all got together in Atlanta.

I thought so. It was a really nice copy from what i remember.

His paypal claim: "it was not the same book that I purchased. There were spine splits within the pages of the book that was not mentioned in your sales thread on the CGC message boards. That which in turned caused to come loose and detached from the book". My belief is he's pulling switch on a book. Someone else signs for it, someone else opens it - and 5 weeks later rather than respond to pm he opens the dispute with paypal - while knowing there's a claim with USPS opened by me for protection that benefits him. It'll be interesting if USPS cuts him a check as well.

I believe any check that would be written from USPS would be sent to you, the sender. Not the recipient.

How is a check sent to me when he is in possession of the book?

You are the one with the contract with USPS for the shipping of the book. So, you are responsible for opening the claim, etc.

His paypal claim: "it was not the same book that I purchased. There were spine splits within the pages of the book that was not mentioned in your sales thread on the CGC message boards. That which in turned caused to come loose and detached from the book". My belief is he's pulling switch on a book. Someone else signs for it, someone else opens it - and 5 weeks later rather than respond to pm he opens the dispute with paypal - while knowing there's a claim with USPS opened by me for protection that benefits him. It'll be interesting if USPS cuts him a check as well.

I believe any check that would be written from USPS would be sent to you, the sender. Not the recipient.

How is a check sent to me when he is in possession of the book?

You are the one with the contract with USPS for the shipping of the book. So, you are responsible for opening the claim, etc.

Yes, I understand. It's so wonderful to know that 41 days have gone by and the book has yet to be returned - and that it will more than likely be something other than what was shipped.