• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Force Awakens

94 posts in this topic

Funny, at my flea market booth this summer this past summer I priced all my carded SW figures (1999-present)for $3. Can't move them. Meanwhile the loose figures SW figures with no accessories most the time, sell like hot cakes @ $2. lol

Which is still a lot less than the $5.99 they originally retailed for back in 1999. The reason the loose figures are selling is because for some weird reason the weapons have some value on the secondary market from what I have seen occurring on eBay. Ironically for how many were kept carded finding loose figures are probably more uncommon-lol!

Are people truly shocked when you tell them they have virtually no value? I don't deal in newer toys so I was curious as to the reactions you receive.

Shocked? They get MAD! They think I have no clue as to what I'm talking about. Of course, they also get mad when I tell them their West Coast Avengers #19 isn't worth $10.

I d i o t s.

Peace,

Chip

Are people truly shocked when you tell them they have virtually no value? I don't deal in newer toys so I was curious as to the reactions you receive.

Shocked? They get MAD! They think I have no clue as to what I'm talking about. Of course, they also get mad when I tell them their West Coast Avengers #19 isn't worth $10.

I d i o t s.

Peace,

Chip

Just wait until Headlok is announced for Avengers #4!

I d i o t s.

Peace,

Chip

lol that is what I assumed. It is kind of funny though...

iframe>

Someone having a little fun and alot of time.

I kinda thought that was real until I saw the 3/4 built deathstar in the sky... lol

The value of all figures on the second hand market are going to take a spike upward. This has traditionally happened EVERY time Hasbro has increased its prices.

In 2015... get ready for it. Hasbro is raising the prices of the articulated line of Star Wars Action figures to $14-15 each. Known as the '3 3/4" Black Series', the line boasts the obscure figures or figures with more than 5 POA (Points of Articulation). Recent reports talk of price hikes across the board from Toys R Us to Target. While $15.29 may be the high end, expect figures to move to a base of $12.99.

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2015/01/09/this-has-got-to-be-the-top-right/

1529TBS_tag-300x190.jpgTBS1429tag-300x214.jpg

I have written this before about the aftermarket of modern figures. They are in many cases more limited than that of the figures produced in the 80's. Take GI Joe for example. In the 1980's you saw a glut of Joe figures lining the toy shelves. Toys R Us had an entire side of an aisle devoted to GI Joe not just a couple of pegs. Nowadays, Joe is lucky to appear in Toys R Us as Walmart stopped carrying the line a few years ago.

Star Wars? While Joe has been defined by its articulation, Star Wars figures have not. The recent Guardians of the Galaxy figures demonstrated that 2.5" action figures might be a scale that Hasbro wants to use moving forward. They have supposedly told fans at SDCC2014 that this would not be the case with SW but who knows? However, they have said that a 5 POA line is what they want to move forward with in many cases in order to make the line accessible to a more dollar conscious consumer and kids. This means that the days of the hyper articulated SW figures that lined the shelves from 2008-2012 may be long gone in the limited number that they were even offered.

In the last year I have noticed a bit of a turnaround in the aftermarket for modern figures. There are Chinese vendors who are dealing in loose figures (stolen off the factory line) and are doing quite well as they sell some figures for more than 50¢ to $2 that some would like you to believe.

Source:

Viperskingdom Once in awhile VipersKingdom disappears and emerges under a new name for obvious reasons. His overhead is LOW... real LOW. For years speculation has held the belief that much of his stock is taken straight from the line. (Who IS ViperskIngdom?)

However, I would say prices are pretty decent for loose modern Star Wars figures. You will see that there are quite a few that are loose that are commanding the same price that they did brand new at retail if not more.

eBay Sales of Modern SW Figures released from 2007-2014

When Hasbro screws up and the shelves are vacant of new 3 3/4" product so the second hand market will always see a spike.

Hasbro Release Date for TFA Toys September 4 2015

NYCC 2015 Is going to be so Epic!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY Better than SDCC 2015!!

:whee::banana::whee::banana::whee::banana::whee::banana::whee::banana:

Hasbro may not show up. They have not had a presence at NYCC in a few years. With a street date of September 4th look for the big reveal at San Diego and not at NYCC. They have already publicized that no Ep7 toys will be revealed at Toy Fair either. There "MAY" be a preview at "Celebration" in Disney this year but the big reveal will probably be at San Diego.

Here is a preview of what is being worked on by Hasbro though as some images have leaked.

image_262.jpg

Buzz..... I was referring to NYCC being good because it'll be so close to release date. The buzz (pun intended) lol will be hyped a little bit more in October then in June. I should've been more specific. As far as Hasbro panels go, I have no idea. I don't do panels. Hype, Cosplay, Released Toys at Booths, that's what I was referring to. That leaked photos of those figures is awesome! Thanks Buzz

Hasbro Release Date for TFA Toys September 4 2015

NYCC 2015 Is going to be so Epic!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY Better than SDCC 2015!!

:whee::banana::whee::banana::whee::banana::whee::banana::whee::banana:

Hasbro may not show up. They have not had a presence at NYCC in a few years. With a street date of September 4th look for the big reveal at San Diego and not at NYCC. They have already publicized that no Ep7 toys will be revealed at Toy Fair either. There "MAY" be a preview at "Celebration" in Disney this year but the big reveal will probably be at San Diego.

Here is a preview of what is being worked on by Hasbro though as some images have leaked.

image_262.jpg

Buzz..... I was referring to NYCC being good because it'll be so close to release date. The buzz (pun intended) lol will be hyped a little bit more in October then in June. I should've been more specific. As far as Hasbro panels go, I have no idea. I don't do panels. Hype, Cosplay, Released Toys at Booths, that's what I was referring to. That leaked photos of those figures is awesome! Thanks Buzz

No problem... I misunderstood...

Follow up to my wall o' text post on the state of action figures...

I just saw some preview images of the UK Toy Fair.

Hasbro is going 2.5 inch as the standard for the Avengers 2 line.

Star Wars and GI Joe may be the last brands that see a 3 3/4" standard for the time being...

What is it ? Didn't catch it

Think of how Star Trek the Wrath of Khan ended. What the hype was when it happened?

Something could be happening in the new Star Wars films.

Something like this would not surprise me in the least.

Going that route makes perfect sense.

The old cast is OLD. How many people would actually care if they killed off the entire old cast? They got rid of Obi Wan in episode 4 didn't they?