• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Larryw7 (DoibyDickles) A thread to send positive thoughts, prayers and say Hi.

127 posts in this topic

On Monday, one of the nicest, kindest people on the boards, Larry, got a new heart.

Larry has not shared much about his health with very many people, but he has been home for the past 6 months (and before this past January for a year) because of heart problems. He's always been one of the first people to reach out and give to others, but he has not wanted to complain about what was going on in his life.

Monday he had a heart transplant. He's in ICU now, and he asked that I let people know where he is and why he's not on the boards.

He loves the hobby dearly and has been a board member since the beginning, so this place is very important to him.

I had not posted something before because I didn't have his permission, but now I do.

Larry believes very strongly in the power of prayer, so I hope we as a community can send all the positive vibes, prayers, thoughts and best wishes possible and perhaps just say hi to him here so that he will have something to view while he's recovering.

For Larry :foryou:

I received a call from Larrys mother this afternoon, letting me know he is ok and will be out of ICU tomorrow. Larry is more than a friend to me, he is family. He is one of the nicest guys I have ever met and would do anything for his friends and family. Larry is one of the many friendships I have made on this board, but probably the best friend I have. He is genuinely loved by my wife and myself, and this was a surprise to hear he was called and shipped to surgery in less than a day.

Please send prayers to my friend. He is such a great guy, and is such a big part of my life as well as so many others. I know he will be ok!

Never met Larry in person but have had many nice chats with him in the Gold section. Such a nice person. I'm so glad to hear that he received a new heart and that he is doing well after the surgery. I hope that recovery goes by very quickly and he and his family will be in my thoughts. All the best Larry! Get well soon!!

LARRYW7

I dont think i know you been doing comics in the SF area for 35 years.

our love for comics brings us here wish you all the best GOD BLESS YOU and hope for a speedy recovery .

I think i saw you on the BIG BANG THEORY ? get back here soon.