• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 1 - 4 1st Prints - Affordable Copper Classics

14 posts in this topic

MOVED TO EBAY - CLOSED

Grader's Notes from CGC: Back Cover Finger BendsFront Cover Finger BendsSpine Moderate Stress Lines Breaks Color

I scanned it before submission. Book is slabbed. The last photo shows why it graded lower than the scans would indicate. The finger bends mentioned as the two primary markdowns are pressable if you choose to do that.
I'll be posting it for $2500 on Ebay shortly so let the savings of direct sale go to you. Paypal, please. Seller will pay shipping 15599757017_100ae1814e_b.jpg7082393013_c6eff8aeef_k.jpg6936319900_53e458a303_k.jpg7064743251_34ac04b29f_c.jpg

1st Print - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 - 7.5 CGC $2,500 Pre-Ebay Price $2,250

Grader's Notes from CGC: Back Cover Finger BendsFront Cover Finger BendsSpine Moderate Stress Lines Breaks Color

I scanned it before submission. Book is slabbed. The last photo shows why it graded lower than the scans would indicate. The finger bends mentioned as the two primary markdowns are pressable if you choose to do that.
I'll be posting it for $2500 on Ebay shortly so let the savings of direct sale go to you. Paypal, please. Seller will pay shipping 15599757017_100ae1814e_b.jpg7082393013_c6eff8aeef_k.jpg6936319900_53e458a303_k.jpg7064743251_34ac04b29f_c.jpg

:takeit:

1st Print - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 - 7.5 CGC $2,500 Pre-Ebay Price $2,250

:takeit:
Nice!

that was an excellent price for that book

congrats to both buyer/seller :applause:

Is it just me or was that a really good price for the book. I mean like giving it away good....

Maybe he'll pay it forward. I purchased that book in 1985 at a Philadelphia Comic Convention for $35, a tremendous sum for a comic not yet a year old, and not mint either. I was 16 at the time. I own things that are older (an upright bass from the 1890s, and some cars from the 40s and 50s), but it was one of the few things in my life I'd had for so long, having left comic collecting/reading when I was 18. I've been watching plenty of people trying to sell on Ebay, #1 1st prints graded higher, but they're not selling even at 30%+ below Price Guide CGC graded value and Ebay will take its 10% too. So I decided to not to be greedy or try to think of it as a profit thing, and hopefully get it out to a collector who could afford it. For ~$350 in pressing/re-CGC/shipping/insurance I could have easily raised it to an 8 or 8.5, but when I saw how the number of 9.8s has jumped in recent time due to pressing, I decided, it wasn't a cool thing to do to others who had actually found/kept comics like that in unpressed condition, my opinion anyway. The low numbers of #1 1st print (3000) coupled with its pop culture success isn't likely to be repeated, so that book will keep gaining over time. But it was time to get it out there where people are enjoying the thrill of buying/owning/collecting. It doesn't belong with a guy who only stepped into shops briefly over the last 19 years to see what his few remaining comics are worth. So now that I've told my story, who wants to snap up #2, #3, and #4 which will also continue to rise!

that was an excellent price for that book

congrats to both buyer/seller :applause:

Is it just me or was that a really good price for the book. I mean like giving it away good....

Maybe he'll pay it forward. I purchased that book in 1985 at a Philadelphia Comic Convention for $35, a tremendous sum for a comic not yet a year old, and not mint either. I was 16 at the time. I own things that are older (an upright bass from the 1890s, and some cars from the 40s and 50s), but it was one of the few things in my life I'd had for so long, having left comic collecting/reading when I was 18. I've been watching plenty of people trying to sell on Ebay, #1 1st prints graded higher, but they're not selling even at 30%+ below Price Guide CGC graded value and Ebay will take its 10% too. So I decided to not to be greedy or try to think of it as a profit thing, and hopefully get it out to a collector who could afford it. For ~$350 in pressing/re-CGC/shipping/insurance I could have easily raised it to an 8 or 8.5, but when I saw how the number of 9.8s has jumped in recent time due to pressing, I decided, it wasn't a cool thing to do to others who had actually found/kept comics like that in unpressed condition, my opinion anyway. The low numbers of #1 1st print (3000) coupled with its pop culture success isn't likely to be repeated, so that book will keep gaining over time. But it was time to get it out there where people are enjoying the thrill of buying/owning/collecting. It doesn't belong with a guy who only stepped into shops briefly over the last 19 years to see what his few remaining comics are worth. So now that I've told my story, who wants to snap up #2, #3, and #4 which will also continue to rise!

:applause: (thumbs u