• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Probably the coolest cover I have ever seen...too bad it's not a comic

37 posts in this topic

Came across this on the 'net and was blown away. If this were the cover to a comic it would shoot to the top of my want list. As is, I am still going to hunt down a copy even though I don't collect or know anything about vintage paperbacks. Anyone on here buy vintage paperbacks? I would think there would be a great deal of crossover appeal from comics.

cimmeria.jpg

You've got some good taste there.

That is one of the Frazetta covers.

If you want to see some more of the covers from the conan paperbacks, check this site http://www.geocities.com/tylisaari/conan.html

Sorry, I haven't updated it in years though.

Cool site, I will have to look through it all. I knew it was a Frazetta cover, he did some great, great stuff. I especially like the covers to Famous Funnies 213 and Weird Science-Fantasy 29.

Came across this on the 'net and was blown away. If this were the cover to a comic it would shoot to the top of my want list. As is, I am still going to hunt down a copy even though I don't collect or know anything about vintage paperbacks. Anyone on here buy vintage paperbacks? I would think there would be a great deal of crossover appeal from comics.

cimmeria.jpg

THE SNOW GIANTS BY FRANK FRAZETTA check here for "rooms" of art www.die-einherjar.de

gossip.gifLook in room # 10 near the bottom of the page. ENJOY

Tay, cool site! thumbsup2.gif

I used to actively collect REH material myself. I thought the Baen editions that came out in 95 or so were a blessing, mainly because even though the Conan tales attracted me initially to REH for many years, I eventually became more of a fan of his "weird" stories as exemplified in "Beyond the Borders."

October - you shouldn't have much trouble finding an edition with this cover, but of course the Lancer editions are a little tougher than the Ace.

I have had a nice poster of this Frazetta piece hanging on my wall for many years now.... cloud9.gif

That brings back memories - I read all the Conan books when I was a teenager because of the great Frazetta covers. Dog eared and long gone by now. Weren't there prints or a portfolio of all of them put out back in the 70s?

cimmeria.jpg

This is the January pictures for this years Frazetta calander. Go buy one, very cool!

The Frazetta Conan paperbacks are pretty plentiful. I picked up about 40 off ebay within the past six months. They are relatively inexpensive so do a quick search. I was fortunate enough to share a cup of coffee with Frank a few months ago. He looks and feels great (despite a few strokes).

BTW, his birthday will be in a few weeks (Feb 9, I believe)

stephen

Love that cover. My son gave me "Conan the Adventurer" and "Conan of the Isles" for Christmas. Both are from Ace books. "Conan the Adventurer" has a Frazetta cover and "Conan of the Isles" has a Boris cover. He picked them up at a local used book store. He also found a copy of "King Kull" from Lancer books which has a cover painting by Roy G. Krenkel.