• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's another Tomato Boxer: Iron Man #56 Jim Starlin Art

11 posts in this topic

The stain on the top edge of the back cover could knock it down to 8.0. If that isn't really a stain, then I agree with the 8.5.

It is mottled along the LEBC and appears a little darker at the spot on the top edge - no effort has been made to clean it, so I can't say. I think the mottling may clean up, but the spot may be a light stain or fingerprinting. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How bad is the Front LLC? I assume not horrible, in which case I think it's a 8.5.

It's not horrible at all, but this scan shows every little scratch. The book has no hidden imperfections, and everything shows - I'm leaning towards an 8.5 myself . . . or perhaps a 9.0 devil.gif

Unfortunately my #55 was an 8.0, and is long gone frown.gif

I'd say 8.0 assuming that is a stain on the back cover and the bottom LLC is a stress mark? How is the top edge on the front?

Confirmed that it is a light stain on the TEBC. frown.gif

The TEFC is fine - the lines which appear to be a crease or a possible tear are not - they are just scratches on the black background.

One other note: lower REFC wavering of line is due to 1mm overhang of front cover at lower 1/3 of book.