• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing in Action (CGCs Stolen)

44 posts in this topic

During my move someone walked off with a short box of CGC Green Lantern comics. My numbers one through 100… You can see the comics they stole on my registry page. This was the pride and joy of my collection and I am hoping that all of you would be willing to keep an eye out for these comics.

I know that this is an impossible feat, but if anyone comes across any of these comics please let me know.

Make police report

Keep an eye on Craigs list and ebay

Contact comic shops

recent stolen comics were recovered using this method

If you see it on CL contact police or if you are a bold person meet them with back up and citizens arrest.

If you see one on ebay contact ebay or maybe buy one, get home address for police.

How were they stolen exactly? The more info I have the better I can help.

Who had access to the books-you can track it maybe from the beginning of the trail as well as the end.

I would make an inventory list of everything stolen, including CGC serial numbers. Then distribute that list with your contact info, as well as police contact info (and police report #), to every prominent dealer and comics shop within an appropriate radius (including neighboring states and cities). You could extend that contact information as well to pawn shops, local auction houses and antique stores, or whoever else might do business buying and reselling comics (swap meets, etc.).

Post that list of comics (and relevant details) here and on any other comics website of note, as well as Facebook groups or other sites where people who collect that title might congregate.

If you have any photos of the comics, especially the valuable ones, make them available to anybody who suspects they have a stolen copy so they can check for tell-tale crease lines or other identifying marks.

If possible, set up feeds and daily auto-searches for every Craigslist site within a few hundred miles, as well as eBay and any other site where comics are being sold (Etsy, Amazon, etc.), with searches for the titles of your comics including any common misspellings or truncated forms of the words.

A thief might sweat it out for a few months (or even years) before trying to resell the comics. Save a copy of whatever "stolen comics" info you have posted into a text document and re-post it periodically where appropriate.

The thief might wait it out but that's the rare thief. Usually they try to turn it over immediately. Have you checked CL and ebay yet?

Yeah - it's a short list to just family. I'm just tracking sites and hope they come up on the radar.

A family member stole your books?