• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much do you spend on comic books per month?

65 posts in this topic

My dad would have done that regardless. He's not allowed near my comics... Or my kids... But priorities right?

My spending fluctuates with my stress. Sadly, I buy when I'm stressed.

lol lucky I eat when I'm stressed :(

new books $75.00 to $150.00

old books - can be $0.00 to $2000.00 depending on my cash flow and time payments on bigger books.

that's quite a big range you have there for old books :)

Haha yup!

It can be ASM 173 in CGC 9.6 or ASM 20 CG in 9.2 - all depends on what pops up for sale and then if I can afford it.

My dad would have done that regardless. He's not allowed near my comics... Or my kids... But priorities right?

lol, I'm eating while looking for books. It's a lose, lose.

new books $75.00 to $150.00

old books - can be $0.00 to $2000.00 depending on my cash flow and time payments on bigger books.

that's quite a big range you have there for old books :)

Haha yup!

It can be ASM 173 in CGC 9.6 or ASM 20 CG in 9.2 - all depends on what pops up for sale and then if I can afford it.

well I have to say I like your choice in comics :)

lol, I'm eating while looking for books. It's a lose, lose.

hey it's better than eating and watching tv for 12 hours straight :tonofbricks:

In the last month and a half, I spent approx $6k on comics. Got money from the insurance company to replace my damage books so bought some collections.

sucks about the damaged comic so what insurance do you have and what are the premiums for it?

I feel like every time this question is asked my answer changes dramatically.

Anyway, I went nearly the whole year without buying a single back issue and averaging about $20 a month in floppies. Then I had some problems with my LCS, then some problems with my online pull box, and haven't bought a floppy in a couple months. I wondered if I was done with comics or not.

Then I spent like $300 in a day on trades and HC's. lol

So right now it varies.

I feel like every time this question is asked my answer changes dramatically.

Anyway, I went nearly the whole year without buying a single back issue and averaging about $20 a month in floppies. Then I had some problems with my LCS, then some problems with my online pull box, and haven't bought a floppy in a couple months. I wondered if I was done with comics or not.

Then I spent like $300 in a day on trades and HC's. lol

So right now it varies.

That's likely to happen to me during the London con, next year. I'm not buying any comics at present, but it would be silly to return empty-handed after the effort of going there, and so I'm sure I'll pick up a few discounted collected editions to read. Then, it'll be back into my chosen default state of avoiding the current speculator-driven market, at least for another year.