• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this bizarro FF 28

14 posts in this topic

Here's a unique one: this book is VERY structurally sound. No creasing. A few spine stresses, top right corner slightly blunted, very minor overhang top edge, and that's pretty much it. Very little wear. Still has nice gloss.

BUT.... this puppy must've been stored in the window on the sunny side of the street! EXTREME fading. Boo hoo hoo!

Whaddaya call it? Besides a cryin' shame.....

ff28.jpg

It looks like it came from a LCS on Long Island I used to frequent. The guy had about 100 Silver Age books on the wall since Day 1 and every book was badly faded like this. Of course, the prices remained at OS book value. screwy.gif

In any case, this is far more than simple "fading." It's extreme enough to be called sun "damage" IMO and should be treated as a serious flaw. No better than Good, IMO.

It looks like it came from a LCS on Long Island I used to frequent. The guy had about 100 Silver Age books on the wall since Day 1 and every book was badly faded like this. Of course, the prices remained at OS book value. screwy.gif

In any case, this is far more than simple "fading." It's extreme enough to be called sun "damage" IMO and should be treated as a serious flaw. No better than Good, IMO.

Or would this get a Qualified grade?

Nope.

screwy.gifscrewy.gifscrewy.gif