• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you like Golden Age comics?

130 posts in this topic

If you're like me and you love Golden Age comics but can't afford to buy many, there's a great book out there from the maesters at Taschen called 'The Golden Age of DC Comics'. This was published in 2013 and I finally picked it up last month.

It's a super high quality book which features a visual history of National/Detective Comics Inc. It features high-res scans of actual copies of all of the most important and most valuable comics ever published. It's a giant tome with 400 pages at 13x10, with the majority of it scans of old comics. Take a look:

2cpuz2g.jpg

2gy57no.jpg

25helap.jpg

1z38dqg.jpg

2lsuqhh.jpg

2wqvn7q.jpg

15bt7b.jpg

15ebgaa.jpg

r2jghv.jpg

2nrj81v.jpg

25a7ksn.jpg

96e179.jpg

5fnmsi.jpg

v683mu.jpg

2lwnq0w.jpg

4lq6nn.jpg

wty994.jpg

307z40o.jpg

2qa4thc.jpg

2cd8pyf.jpg

jky9hv.jpg

2wrduf4.jpg

o87yo1.jpg

2zygcac.jpg

2j2wz7p.jpg

My only real exposure was when I read the hardcover Superman from the 30's to the 70's as a teenager. It was alright but I only read through it once & traded it away. I still have my copy of Bring on the Bad Guys that I bought around the same time & I read the *spoon* out of that thing & still have it. :cloud9:

I do browse the GA forum & while I find the old books cool to look at I don't have any interest in reading or acquiring them. If I was to buy a GA book, it'd probably be an Archie book mostly because I get a kick out of those covers.

there are still lots of nice golden age DC that decent individual issues can be had for the same price as a couple brand new issues of drek off the shelf

That won't help me keep up with the latest twists & turns coming my way from the house of ideas... :D