• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars VII Teaster Trailer on Black Friday

608 posts in this topic

Is that Cumberbatch's voice...?

I think so. I love his deep, raspy voice. The trailer is awesome (worship). When you see the millenium falcon my heart jumped! I agree the guard on the saber doesn't serve a practical purpose, just visual effect

Rumor has it the voiceover was done by Andy Serkis.

please check out the original trailer at the bottom of the page

based on that trailer everyone here would say how bad it looks etc

Star Wars anecdote: I was 5 when Star Wars came out, and for the next 6 years, it was my number one interest in life. I was into the action figures and the storybooks, but I never actually saw the movie until much later. I was from a very small town, my parents were clueless about pop culture, and this was before cable or VCRs of course. I'm not actually sure when I did see it for the first time; perhaps around 1985.

In 1980, a friend called me up and told me that the sequel to Star Wars was playing at the local cinema, which was the only one for miles around and only played one film at a time. My father took me down that very evening. As the film progressed I gradually realized something was wrong. It was "Battle Beyond the Stars," starring George Peppard and Richard Thomas.

I think so. I love his deep, raspy voice. The trailer is awesome (worship). When you see the millenium falcon my heart jumped! I agree the guard on the saber doesn't serve a practical purpose, just visual effect

Could also be Von Sydow with a bit of tweaking...

Could also be Von Sydow with a bit of tweaking...

Sounds most like Cumberbatch to me, but even then, digitally deepened

Well you know...

Every time Hollywood announces a new Star Wars, Indiana Jones or Sword and Sandal movie (Gladiator, Alexander) every actor in the UK lines up realizing that they stand a good chance of playing a villain.

Right but if he's fighting someone who's also not an amateur they can maneuver those prongs into dude while fighting.

Right but if he's fighting someone who's also not an amateur they can maneuver those prongs into dude while fighting.

Is there anything in life you find joy in?

:baiting:

Nerds and their hate. It's a gosh darn Sith Lord he's not an amateur. :facepalm:

Actually he is :gossip:

Oh he is? You know the plot/story line? And who the new Sith is? Awesome I'd love to hear it! :popcorn:

I dont see how a guy standing up, a droid on a ball, some ships flying and a dude in a forest give any indication whatsoever about the strength of the plot of this film.