• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool GA Crime

327 posts in this topic

Well I did a SUBJECT search on GA for the last year for CRIME and nothing so...what do ya think? Some of the Crime covers are just amazing! Let's show them off.

Here's my first contribution. I LOVE it because it is not cluttered, looking a lot less like a mid-range Crime Does Not Pay and much more like the layout of our favorite horror covers. The shadow/finger juxtaposition works perfectly. Plus that guy is really sweating!

lbaw5.jpg

So let's hear it for CRIME! (err - you know what I mean!)

Alittle too much blurbage on this cover - but the image is smokin'. Any body recall the pulp that this cover was swiped from - I foolishly allowed myself to be outbid on a copy a few years back, and now can't recall it's title.

689078-cdnp24.jpg

689078-cdnp24.jpg.3e2f6aa11357c1634c0200c40adb5e14.jpg

You have a Crime Does Not Pay 24? I have three words fr you: I Hate You! grin.gifhi.gifflowerred.gif

In the early 90s collecting pre-code crime was my gateway drug into pre-code horror and then GA in general. Thanks mainly to Harley Yee I was able to score alot of great pre-code crime for guide back then - nobody else seemed particularly interested - I would call when the catalog came and the books would always be available. Ah, those were the days.

Why limit ourselves to covers - Exposed #2 has a particularly dull cover - but inside is one of the all time great pre-code crime splash pages.

689091-giggling.jpg

Oh [#@$%!!!] man he did in the dog too. I hate it when they do in the dog like that. I hope no one on the baords works for the FBI becuase I'm affraid they might put rj on some kind of watch list. BTW I think this book is an early origin story for the Joker.

You have a Crime Does Not Pay 24? I have three words fr you: I Hate You! grin.gifhi.gifflowerred.gif

In the early 90s collecting pre-code crime was my gateway drug into pre-code horror and then GA in general. Thanks mainly to Harley Yee I was able to score alot of great pre-code crime for guide back then - nobody else seemed particularly interested - I would call when the catalog came and the books would always be available. Ah, those were the days.

I did the same in the 80's with pre-code horror. Used to get tons of stuff for $25 or less, many now classics. Of course, they have long been sold and I have callouses on my butt from kicking myself. But the chase is back on and it is fun - just a bit harder on the wallet!

You showed some nice judgement in your selections, I think!

. Of course, they have long been sold and I have callouses on my butt from kicking myself. But the chase is back on and it is fun - just a bit harder on the wallet!

But that's nothing compared to what you did to yourself for selling the Action 1. poke2.gif

. Of course, they have long been sold and I have callouses on my butt from kicking myself. But the chase is back on and it is fun - just a bit harder on the wallet!

But that's nothing compared to what you did to yourself for selling the Action 1. poke2.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrown.gif

Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrown.gif

Just imagining this scenario gives me chest pains...i.e., 1) actually having an Action #1, and then 2) selling it! Well, Pov, nobody on these boards can say ya don't live large! grin.gif

Yes - covers need not be a limitation! I have been seeking this these many years! True Crime #2. This splash page has got SO much going on you could spend omse time studying it all! (I got the image from Mike Benton's Crime Comics thumbsup2.gif book).

truecrime2.jpg