• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MF #62

10 posts in this topic

MF #62

hm

The 8.0 price in last year's guide--I never bought this years--is $2,317.

If I were to go after a copy at auction, I'd be bidding below guide because I don't think the title is going anywhere price-wise.

This copy is "conserved," so I'd expect it to sell for far less than $2K. I can't imagine it would be above a F/VF with the conservation removed, and it could be much lower grade than that if the cover was actually detached prior to conservation, which is a real possibility, or if the spine splits were large.

Or they both could be right... maybe the spine blew out during the pressing process between submissions.

Or they both could be right... maybe the spine blew out during the pressing process between submissions.

This would be my guess. I find it hard to believe that CGC would have missed the spine split seals and the spine reinforcement. It's the kind of stuff I assume they are looking for in GA books.

This happend to my Action 8 when Matt was doing some minor work to it.

If the spine was blown during pressing, it could be that the seller knows that and is prevaricating, but it's also possible that the presser repaired the damage without telling his client. Makes you wonder who did the pressing. hm I suppose it's also possible that the seller wasn't the one who CPR'd the book--the use of the passive voice in the eBay ad allows for that possibility--and that he didn't get the full story from whomever it was that sold it to him (or from the consignor if it's a consignment item).

If the spine was blown during pressing, it could be that the seller knows that and is prevaricating, but it's also possible that the presser repaired the damage without telling his client. Makes you wonder who did the pressing. hm I suppose it's also possible that the seller wasn't the one who CPR'd the book--the use of the passive voice in the eBay ad allows for that possibility--and that he didn't get the full story from whomever it was that sold it to him (or from the consignor if it's a consignment item).

All possible, and yet all apparently CGC's fault. I lost a few bucks at the poker table this week because of CGC. CGC also caused one of my cats to cough up the nastiest hairball in memory.