• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice

11 posts in this topic

I am putting together some stuff to sell for future purchases, and I have an item I would like some input on.

I have this DC 5 pak of comics (5 comics for 59 cents!), still sealed from 1969 with Unexpected 113, Superboy 157, Atom and the Hawkman 43, Our Army at War 207 and Challengers of the Unknown 68 in it. The Atom and the Hawkman 43 is the middle book yay.gif They are all the last 12 cent cover price issues of their respective titles.

I don't really need any of them for my collection, the Superboy is the only title of those I collect, and I have a 157 (albeit not a never opened copy). So I am wondering, what is the best way to sell something like this? Should I crack it open and slab em if they are really nice (they look so in the faded plastic bag), list the unopened item on eBay and see what happens? Send the whole thing to a auction house, etc. The books guide for about $200; I really have no idea what they are worth like this.

I appreciate any input you all have. Thanks!

Pretty descent books, it will cost you about $120.00 and about 4 1/2 months of waiting to slab them and if they grade in the 9.4/9.6 range you will make a nice profit. confused-smiley-013.gif