• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I love 80 Page Giants...

115 posts in this topic

great thread. It was fun to find out more about these fun books. I have 13 of them missing only 7 and 13, but I don't collect war books so not really interested in 7. not sure now what 13 is.

694062-sma1.jpg

7 is the hardest to find of the group too. cool.gif

I wouldn't call the Rudolph a ultra rare book, but it and the Superman Annual #1 are most definately the hardest to find 80 pagers. I have been looking for a nice 6.5-8.0 Superman Annual for quite awhile. shy.gif

I wouldn't call the Rudolph a ultra rare book, but it and the Superman Annual #1 are most definately the hardest to find 80 pagers. I have been looking for a nice 6.5-8.0 Superman Annual for quite awhile. shy.gif

i have all the superman annuals (up to #8 and the 1st 80 page giant) but didn't buy the 1st one because i had most of the stories already and didn't see the need. oh well........but i did buy all of the Bats annuals as the stories were a bit older and i didn't have any of them. is this the first and only rudolph 80 pager?? if so, it won't rank as the 1st one as someone suggested.

cool looking book by the way and one that i cannot ever remember as having seen thumbsup2.gif

r63f.jpg

r63b.jpg

Is he a rabbit , or a reindeer?

Or for that matter.. boy or girl?... looks like a doe to me.

Never seen that book.

Awesome... thnx.

Ze-

That's a cute book, DC should reprint some of their Rudolph stuff so that the widdle kids who they were made for can appreciate them.

Me too! WHen I went back years ago to catalog my original collection, I noticed all these gaps in my DC runs. They turned out to be later 25 cent giants fo which I already had all the stories! HAH! They werent gonna trick ME into wasting a big 25 cents on comics I already paid for!..

hi.gif

Me too! WHen I went back years ago to catalog my original collection, I noticed all these gaps in my DC runs. They turned out to be later 25 cent giants fo which I already had all the stories! HAH! They werent gonna trick ME into wasting a big 25 cents on comics I already paid for!..

hi.gif

i did the same thing with Iron Man and Ant Man originally and missed out on geting really early issues myself from Sid's. they just didn't appeal to me initially. insane.gif

Searching eBay for Rudolph comics. I love Christmas comics. My all-time favorite was a copy of Batman 27 with Santa on the cover, that I had to sell a few years ago. Gotta get that one again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74&item=6506499391

Has anyone seen what this one's up to? Is this a common price for this book, or has it been subject to the CGC board effect?

Hook, the Action #334 IS in the ad. It's entirely possible that I did buy it from that ad, or from a later owner of the book. Around that time I was concentrating on 80 Pagers, and scanned every ad in CBG for them. It's listed as NM/M, but that could be a 9.0 in today's standards.

I PM'd the pic to Steve, and asked him to show it to Mark.

Any response back from Steve and Mark yet, NM?