• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

I've seen a renewed interest in Tec 225.

Indeed. I nice advertised as G+ raw copy sold on HA 2 weeks ago for about $1,300 or so, which I thought was a steal considering it was strictly graded and looked more like a G/VG. Then there's the CGC 2.5 that went for $2K back in December.

Don't get me wrong: I didn't say there wasn't any interest in Tec 225. I said there was limited availability across the board. Heck, I've been looking for a higher grade copy for awhile.....

I'm good with J'onn being played the way he is, by the actor playing him. J'onn's a shapeshifter, so he can assume any form.

I like it. The actor playing him is doing well.

Funny, though, I haven't seen any movement on "first appearances" (like Justice League #1.)

With Max Lord figuring so prominently in the series, I'm surprised at that.

I think there are more than a few high grade copies of Maxwell Lord's 1st appearance....which may acct. for the lack of movement.

Having said that, the first appearance of Martian Manhunter is a bit hard to grab in any grade....so you're probably not going to see alot of movement unless a boatload of copies come to market.

Oh, this silly market could easily absorb the amount of JL #1s if it wanted to...

Smallville's Tom Welling On If He Would Play Superman On Supergirl

:o

After giving a recent Buzzfeed interview in which he addressed the legacy of Smallville on the small screen, veteran comic book TV actor Tom Welling's thoughts on reappearing in the role of Clark Kent/Superman on Supergirl -- which didn't make it into the article proper -- have been released online by the writer of the story.

"There's people who would like it," Welling said. "There's people who don't like it, but I will tell you that no one has ever asked me to do it. So, I don't know. It would be kind of odd. I don't know who he is at that point. He would obviously be Superman..."

206g4mo.jpg

Welling also spoke a bit on the current state of superhero television, something he's very happy about: "It’s a compliment, I’m very proud of shows like Arrow [and] The Flash. … They’re able to ground these characters so that the viewer can relate on a human level to people who used to be only in two dimensions.”

Welling not being contacted shares a small similarity with the story of another Smallville star. Last summer at Comic-Con, Laura Vandervoort (Bitten), who portrayed Supergirl, strongly suggested that she would be making an appearance on the series, but later clarified by saying that wasn't the case and that she only meant that she would love to make an appearance at some point. The story was seemingly dropped, but then a few months later, it was announced that Vandervoort had signed on for a recurring role to play Indigo.

If we're lucky, there's a fairly decent chance CBS could eventually strike a similar deal with Welling to make at least one appearance as Clark Kent in an episode of Supergirl or in a potential worst-case scenario as a different character. To add more fuel to the fire, Welling is coincidentally in the midst of developing a new hour-long drama, titled Section 13, for CBS. If CBS greenlights the intriguing-sounding pilot, there's somewhat of a better chance that Welling returns the favor by guest-starring on Supergirl.

supergirl-white-martian-166392.jpg

White Martian?

Right :eyeroll: I thought it was a little over the top.

I thought they could have maybe toned the design down a little so as not to have it looks so devilish.

Also found it odd that JJ has a uniform or suit, whereas the White Martian seems to be nude, although (thankfully) devoid of any indication of gender.

I think that was the whole point to make them look that way. They resemble the comics pretty well from what I've seen and they did slaughter the entire race of green martians, so.....

+1. Nice FX also on the Green Martian race and the flashbacks to them being in concentration camps (apparently) and being slaughtered. Really makes J'onn a tragic and sympathetic character.

Also, wasn't the Martian language cool? The associate producers put a lot of effort into this show's smallest details.

I think that was the whole point to make them look that way. They resemble the comics pretty well from what I've seen and they did slaughter the entire race of green martians, so.....

+1. Nice FX also on the Green Martian race and the flashbacks to them being in concentration camps (apparently) and being slaughtered. Really makes J'onn a tragic and sympathetic character.

Also, wasn't the Martian language cool? The associate producers put a lot of effort into this show's smallest details.

Yea I really liked everything about the Martian race in that ep. Think they did am amazing job all around.

Holy ! Does that mean they're going to bring Mongul into the Supergirl storyline?

That alien parasite plant (aka: The Black Mercy) story is the same one they did in "For the man Who Has Everything" episode of the Justice League animated series.

^^

:o

:whee:

And...

Upcoming Supergirl Episode To Be Based On "For the Man Who Has Everything"

The classic Superman story "For the Man Who Has Everything," published in Superman Annual #11 from the Watchmen creative team of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons, will be the inspiration for an upcoming episode of Supergirl, producers revealed today at the Television Critics Association.

"Episode 13 is based on one of my favourite Superman stories, 'For the Man Who Has Everything,'" said Supergirl executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. "It's called 'For the Girl Who Has Everything,' and she wakes up on Krypton in this fantasy that nothing ever happened. I've literally been pitching this from this first episode!"

While it wasn't specified, it seems likely this is why the series recently cast a young Kal-El. In the context of the show, it was a confusing move, since Supergirl was an infant when he left Krypton, and was fully-grown by the time Kara ever arrived on Earth as a teen.

Holy ! Does that mean they're going to bring Mongul into the Supergirl storyline?

That alien parasite plant (aka: The Black Mercy) story is the same one they did in "For the man Who Has Everything" episode of the Justice League animated series.

:gossip:

Superman Annual #11