• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

I predict that this show will pick up viewership numbers in season 2. Those of us watching from the start have been rewarded with a great show...but I can't imagine any of us expected such a deep connection to the DC universe as they've built week after week.

I know feeling it wouldn't punch up to the levels of Arrow or Flash kept a lot of people away, but I think a lot of comic fans will watch season one over the summer and realize what they've missed!

That Flash crossover episode will be a great intro to the show for a lot of folks who've yet to give it a chance. Those are some of the people who will decide to check it out in reruns or on Blu Ray.

Edited by fmaz

Watched last night's episode but didn't catch any Lobo reference. If I missed something could somebody fill me in? Regardless, still very excited to see these characters coming up :headbang::headbang:

907517.jpg

AND

904095.jpg

Or is it ...

2196653.jpg

hm

Edited by snowman28

I predict that this show will pick up viewership numbers in season 2. Those of us watching from the start have been rewarded with a great show...but I can't imagine any of us expected such a deep connection to the DC universe as they've built week after week.

I know feeling it wouldn't punch up to the levels of Arrow or Flash kept a lot of people away, but I think a lot of comic fans will watch season one over the summer and realize what they've missed!

That Flash crossover episode will be a great intro to the show for a lot of folks who've yet to give it a chance. Those are some of the people who will decide to check it out in reruns or on Blu Ray.

This latest episode was kick-butt!

Did she actually break that guy's neck?

I watched the pilot and so turned off by Ally Mcbeal and male model Jimmy I couldn't watch any more

That's too bad because you've missed some incredible superhero television, arguably the best of all hero TV shows right now. This show keeps getting better and better. I think Calista Flockhart is outstanding (reminds me of JJJ). I agree Jimmy Olsen was horribly miscast, but I tune him out.

That's too bad because you've missed some incredible superhero television, arguably the best of all hero TV shows right now. This show keeps getting better and better. I think Calista Flockhart is outstanding (reminds me of JJJ). I agree Jimmy Olsen was horribly miscast, but I tune him out.

It really has become a superhero show juggernaut. I like it!

:whee:

I'm not a huge fan as everyone else is. I enjoy it. Feels too dopey for me at times. And Flockhart gets really hammy at times. The SFX are cool. And the fight scenes are fun. I just get annoyed with some of the acting.

Man, I can watch Jenna Dewan Tatum all. day. long.

I'm not a huge fan as everyone else is. I enjoy it. Feels too dopey for me at times. And Flockhart gets really hammy at times. The SFX are cool. And the fight scenes are fun. I just get annoyed with some of the acting.

Man, I can watch Jenna Dewan Tatum all. day. long.

I agree, she is quite attractive.

I find Melissa Benoist to be very attractive as well, particularily as Supergirl. :cloud9:

When the sister discuss the identity of the Masked villain with J'on, she asked if this is a bounty hunter or an intergalactic bounty hunter and ask if "he is in town", J'on answered with "if he is in town, I would know", something like that

---

yup. of course, there could be 127 other candidates in the d.c. universe.

i'm concerned that they don't have the CGI budget to do a proper lobo. painting some regular size guy blue ain't gonnah cut it. they need a huge dude who can sort of act or cgi to make someone look huge.

of course, the dothraki dude from GOT would look right, maybe after 6 months of intense HGH/juicing

I watched the pilot and so turned off by Ally Mcbeal and male model Jimmy I couldn't watch any more

ally mcbeal keeps SG grounded in earth's issues. she probably dominates the show too much, but she serves a purpose.

i don't have a problem with hunky jimmy olsen, it's just that he is too much of a darn moralizer and what not.

also, i think it's b.s. that he has the keys to the fortress of solitude.

also, if SG is about to have to go to war against a small army of krytonians with only a martian manhunter at her side, shouldn't she be giving clark a call?

wow, better than the Flash?

wow, better than the Flash?

I think calling it the "best" is a bit of an overreach but let's just say it's far exceeded expectations. The pilot was only ok, as you know, and it's just come so far since then it's really gotten exciting, especially with possibilities.

I'd highly recommend at least tuning in for the Flash - Supergirl crossover episode. That will give you a glimpse at how far it's come.

Knowing how much they've committed to pure DC mythology lately... I'd be SHOCKED if that episode doesn't end with, or at least allude to, a little race to between the two heroes to see who is the fastest.... :)

also, if SG is about to have to go to war against a small army of krytonians with only a martian manhunter at her side, shouldn't she be giving clark a call?

Yep. When Non tells Kara

at the end of the last rites for her aunt that after the period of mourning ends, she will be the next to go in a coffin, I told my son that if I were Supergirl, I would have called Clark Kent right then and there. Creepy!

This latest episode was kick-butt!

Did she actually break that guy's neck?

that's what I thought I saw but not for sure

Yep. When Non tells Kara

at the end of the last rites for her aunt that after the period of mourning ends, she will be the next to go in a coffin, I told my son that if I were Supergirl, I would have called Clark Kent right then and there. Creepy!

I do think it is now time to bring out the big guns. Even with all the Kryptonite weapons within the DEO's control, they still couldn't stand against all that firepower.

zaRggco.jpg

He's waiting on that call.

Yep. When Non tells Kara

I do think it is now time to bring out the big guns. Even with all the Kryptonite weapons within the DEO's control, they still couldn't stand against all that firepower.

zaRggco.jpg

He's waiting on that call.

I love it. It's all building up to a big season finale, I have no doubt. Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado, maybe a turned-Bizarro Supergirl, and maybe Superman (I'm sure we won't see Him, but He'll lend a hand) teaming up to take on the Fort Roz Kryptonians in a mano-a-mano showdown. :cloud9: I also love it how Kara's happy-go-lucky persona is eroding and she's developing a scowl on her face. :cloud9::cloud9: Kudos to Melissa Benoist.