• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

I'm about ready to bail on this series...  It's getting a little annoying how virtually every enemy that Supergirl goes up against seems as powerful or more powerful than her.  She is way underpowered in this show.

Also, in one episode they say that Martian Manhunter is one of the most powerful beings on Earth, but then they show the White Martians to be far more powerful than the Green Martians. 

On 2/26/2017 at 7:27 AM, The Kaptain said:

I'm about ready to bail on this series...  It's getting a little annoying how virtually every enemy that Supergirl goes up against seems as powerful or more powerful than her.  She is way underpowered in this show.

Also, in one episode they say that Martian Manhunter is one of the most powerful beings on Earth, but then they show the White Martians to be far more powerful than the Green Martians. 

I don't get why a company would take a successful show, purchase the rights, add a bunch of agenda , lose some of the actors that make the series work, and generally change up everything. If it aint broke, why try to change it all up?

The political agendas being pushed in the show have made it annoying. As others have pointed out Supergirl is way underpowered but I'm still enjoying some of the action scenes. I basically fast forward on any Alex and her gf moment as they are just annoying as hell. 

Also can't understand why Kara has a scar on her forehead??? Obviously the actress has it and I'm being a little bit overly critical but cover that up lol

On 3/23/2017 at 10:03 AM, ianh said:

The political agendas being pushed in the show have made it annoying. As others have pointed out Supergirl is way underpowered but I'm still enjoying some of the action scenes. I basically fast forward on any Alex and her gf moment as they are just annoying as hell. 

Also can't understand why Kara has a scar on her forehead??? Obviously the actress has it and I'm being a little bit overly critical but cover that up lol

I like it actually (even my wife thinks she's beautiful) and don't forget she wasn't SUPER until she came to Earth...she probably got it like any kid gets a chickenpox scar but on Krypton growing up ?

And I still love this show

22 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I like it actually (even my wife thinks she's beautiful) and don't forget she wasn't SUPER until she came to Earth...she probably got it like any kid gets a chickenpox scar but on Krypton growing up ?

And I still love this show

Agreed and agreed. I t has long been realized the scar was of pre-earth non-super Kryptonian origin. Quite possibly a sledding accident. :blush:

Regarding the "agenda" the show pushes, it is no different than tv shows and movies pushing traditional male dominant agendas. Except those are so common that they don't seem like agendas anymore. And I am quite enjoying the Alex/Maggie relationship. 

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:03 PM, ianh said:

Yes lol 

Melissa Benoist has a blown pupil (following an eye injury) and you guys keep bringing up the scar. What about the eye, huh!?!

As mentioned above, it was childhood Kryptonian chickenpox. A reference to this can be found in the Supergirl Almanac.