• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Am I the only one who thinks that Calista Flockhart is great in this?

Her Agent Mulder line in the 'Livewire' episode was genius.

Nope. Cat Grant is a great character and well played by Calista Flockhart (thumbs u She didn't come across too well in the pilot but improved greatly in episode 2.

Hey Bats. We definitely are in agreement here. I was composing my last post and did not see yours. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

She's definitely a great character. I had my reservations too during the pilot. I thought she'd just be a two dimensional annoying boss type character.

Intentional character development or post-pilot afterthought, who knows? It worked though.

Nope. Cat Grant is a great character and well played by Calista Flockhart (thumbs u She didn't come across too well in the pilot but improved greatly in episode 2.

Hey Bats. We definitely are in agreement here. I was composing my last post and did not see yours. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

She's definitely a great character. I had my reservations too during the pilot. I thought she'd just be a two dimensional annoying boss type character.

Intentional character development or post-pilot afterthought, who knows? It worked though.

.... exactly where I was with it as well...... but then she made me realize how over the years I'd come to appreciate and respect some of my own annoying bosses.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...... but she is a hottie...... 2c

Ok the show is OK, but I am surprised the praise everyone is giving it. For me ( although I will not miss an episode) I find it a bit childish, in a "Saved by the Bell" kind of way. I think the special effects are average at best. Especially when she flies, It just looks like someone lifted by a cable, watch her feet as she leaves the ground.

I am a huge Smallville fan. There is just no comparison between the two. I believe Smallville revolutionized the super hero special effects game.

I think it's a million miles better than Smallville, which I did enjoy, and the special effects are better than any similar show on TV.

As for it being 'childish' - well, no more than any other super hero based piece of fiction.

I quite liked Smallville when it first started, although I had to mentally prepare myself for an "alternate history of Clark Kent" before watching each episode ;)

There were too many Kryptonite mutants in the first series. It did pick up but I lost interest after season 3 for some reason and never went back.

Ok the show is OK, but I am surprised the praise everyone is giving it. For me ( although I will not miss an episode) I find it a bit childish, in a "Saved by the Bell" kind of way. I think the special effects are average at best. Especially when she flies, It just looks like someone lifted by a cable, watch her feet as she leaves the ground.

I am a huge Smallville fan. There is just no comparison between the two. I believe Smallville revolutionized the super hero special effects game.

I think it's a million miles better than Smallville, which I did enjoy, and the special effects are better than any similar show on TV.

As for it being 'childish' - well, no more than any other super hero based piece of fiction.

I quite liked Smallville when it first started, although I had to mentally prepare myself for an "alternate history of Clark Kent" before watching each episode ;)

There were too many Kryptonite mutants in the first series. It did pick up but I lost interest after season 3 for some reason and never went back.

I returned for Season 7 (aka Supergirl). Liked it pretty much from there to end of Season 10.

I returned for Season 7 (aka Supergirl). Liked it pretty much from there to end of Season 10.

.... I liked the Legion and the Braniac stuff quite a bit.... GOD BLESS...

..... everyone will have their own opinions..... I love Supergirl, but Smallville it ain't..... but then, not much is or will be. Smallville was groundbreaking and succeeded in that, with much less CGI than what is available today. It took the premise of a young man growing up in the "sticks" who has struggling to keep a fantastic secret when every fiber of his being was dying to reveal. I've heard people whine, "too much teen angst !"....... when it's pretty obvious that teen angst is kind of what it's about :baiting: why not just watch 2 and a half men or sex in the city (shrug) GOD BLESS....

...I'm not casting my vote on Supergirl until Season 4 or so.......but so far, it's got me coming back.....

I enjoyed Smallville, some seasons more than others, but I would never see it as ground breaking. I judge the overall quality of a TV show by whether I would watch the episodes more than once or if I would own the box sets. I wouldn't do either of those for Smallville.

See, that's how forgettable it was - I could only remember 9 seasons. :insane:

(thumbs u

.... exactly where I was with it as well...... but then she made me realize how over the years I'd come to appreciate and respect some of my own annoying bosses.... GOD BLESS...

...... but she is a hottie...... 2c

For me, that would take a miracle lol

I seem to remember Ally McBeal had an annoying boss with likeable qualities hm

The Legion and Braniac episodes were the best parts of the show - and the JSA ones.

Pah... I missed all the good stuff :(

The Legion and Braniac episodes were the best parts of the show - and the JSA ones.

Clark-Stargirl-smallville.jpg

Stargirl teams up with... Manchester Black!?!

..... everyone will have their own opinions..... I love Supergirl, but Smallville it ain't..... but then, not much is or will be. Smallville was groundbreaking and succeeded in that, with much less CGI than what is available today. It took the premise of a young man growing up in the "sticks" who has struggling to keep a fantastic secret when every fiber of his being was dying to reveal. I've heard people whine, "too much teen angst !"....... when it's pretty obvious that teen angst is kind of what it's about :baiting: why not just watch 2 and a half men or sex in the city (shrug) GOD BLESS....

...I'm not casting my vote on Supergirl until Season 4 or so.......but so far, it's got me coming back.....

I enjoyed Smallville, some seasons more than others, but I would never see it as ground breaking. I judge the overall quality of a TV show by whether I would watch the episodes more than once or if I would own the box sets. I wouldn't do either of those for Smallville.

I guess that's why these shows are so difficult to green light....... folks who like the genre often disagree with the direction. It was wildly popular with non comic fans at my work place...... and as much as I love the Supergirl I've seen so far, I can't say I've seen anything that really sets it apart from Smallville (.... well, I personally DO find Supergirl more attractive than Superboy....)..... in fact, the tone seems similar to me and possibly a worthy companion piece.... IF they can go the distance..... GOD BLESS....

I guess that's why these shows are so difficult to green light....... folks who like the genre often disagree with the direction. It was wildly popular with non comic fans at my work place...... and as much as I love the Supergirl I've seen so far, I can't say I've seen anything that really sets it apart from Smallville (.... well, I personally DO find Supergirl more attractive than Superboy....)..... in fact, the tone seems similar to me and possibly a worthy companion piece.... IF they can go the distance..... GOD BLESS....

I think they've done more in the first 4 episodes of Smallville. I mean in Smallville they wouldn't say Superman/Superboy or show flying until really late on and then very infrequently.

It lost a lot when Michael Rosenbaum left. It did set the way for Supergirl and other comic book shows to, no pun intended, get off the ground now so I guess it was ground breaking in that sense.

I think they've done more in the first 4 episodes of Smallville. I mean in Smallville they wouldn't say Superman/Superboy or show flying until really late on and then very infrequently.

It lost a lot when Michael Rosenbaum left. It did set the way for Supergirl and other comic book shows to, no pun intended, get off the ground now so I guess it was ground breaking in that sense.

... that's what I meant, it had it's critical acclaim, gave the medium viability. It made folks realize that maybe "Lois and Clark" wasn't just a fluke..... that it was a concept that could pack the chicks in to the demographic. Personally, it had it's weak moments....... but by the end, Judy and I just couldn't get enough of it..... hated to see it go. In some ways, I almost see Supergirl as being a continuation of where Smallville could have gone.... but with a little role reversal. Me ? I'm ready for a couple of comic shows somewhere on each night of the week..... leaving plenty of other slots open for shows that cater to those who aren't intellectually and aesthetically evolved enough to appreciate the Superhero gene 2c GOD BLESS....

Loved the last show. JJ reveal gave me goosebumps!

DC is killin it on tv.

This thread has so much positive in it, the outpouring of positive is overwhelming.

:whee:

Indeed! It'd be nice if more threads could take an example from this one, and be a little more positive.