• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

I have to say, the rage Supergirl showed with her heat vision at the end was also really well done. Sometimes, stuff like that just ends up looking silly and I thought she totally sold it (and the effects were really good).

I've just watched this episode. What a great scene. Well put together with great incidental music.

And lots of heat vision :cloud9:

That heat vision scene (against Red Tornado) and Eobard Thawne/Prof. Wells/Reverse Flash's vibrating hand cutting into Cisco are the two comic book TV show scenes of the year.

I have to say, the rage Supergirl showed with her heat vision at the end was also really well done. Sometimes, stuff like that just ends up looking silly and I thought she totally sold it (and the effects were really good).

I've just watched this episode. What a great scene. Well put together with great incidental music.

best part they showed made it weak enough to make her still think she had powers. plus the abitily is called solar flare it was just introduce this past year and half by geoff johns when he was writing superman.

best part they showed made it weak enough to make her still think she had powers. plus the abitily is called solar flare it was just introduce this past year and half by geoff johns when he was writing superman.

I'm not really up to speed with the New 52 but didn't Supes do that in Apocalypse/Superman-Batman #10 against the Doomsday drones?

If I read through the whole of this thread will it be full of comic book angst?

Hardly! It's been quite refreshing compared to 'my hero never wore spandex with 1.5 to 1.32 g/cc density and a red that is ever so slightly off from the comic book I am holding up to the screen right now' discussions.

:o

Not so much. There is a refreshing acceptance and enjoyment of this show overall. It warms my heart. :blush:

Excellent - that is good to hear.

Hardly! It's been quite refreshing compared to 'my hero never wore spandex with 1.5 to 1.32 g/cc density and a red that is ever so slightly off from the comic book I am holding up to the screen right now' discussions.

Bosco, I think we both find the posts refreshing, as is the show itself. I am freshened as I look forward to tonight's refreshing episode.

Watched the first two episodes tonight and was suitably impressed - as good as anything on Arrow and the Flash.

BTW - after the attacks in Europe, CBS decided to air the 5th episode 4th and 4th episode 5th. So watch it 1,2, 3, 5, 4, 6

Not a huge diff but it DOES make more sense out of the Jimmy/Kara storyline.

Watched the first two episodes tonight and was suitably impressed - as good as anything on Arrow and the Flash.

BTW - after the attacks in Europe, CBS decided to air the 5th episode 4th and 4th episode 5th. So watch it 1,2, 3, 5, 4, 6

Thanks for that - I did not know they had changed the schedule.

Episode 4 here is called 'Livewire' and episode 5 'How does she do it?'

Thanks for that - I did not know they had changed the schedule.

Episode 4 here is called 'Livewire' and episode 5 'How does she do it?'

Livewire was going to appear later. Events changed that.

Announcement on the Livewire appearance before the attack.

SUPERGIRL Season 1, Episode 5 Description And Images; "Livewire"

Kara’s Thanksgiving may be ruined when she suspects her foster mother, Dr. Danvers (Helen Slater), who is coming to town, disapproves of her new role as a superhero. Also, when an accident transforms a volatile CatCo employee into the villainous Livewire, she targets Cat and Supergirl, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Nov. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Brit Morgan guest stars as Leslie Willis/Livewire and Helen Slater guest stars as Dr. Eliza Danvers, Kara’s foster mother.