• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2014!

315 posts in this topic

Hey Gang, :hi:

My only positive contribution to the CGC boards is this my annual thread.

Show the comic board community your Top 3 Comic Book and/or Original Art purchases for your collection for the year ending 2014!

(Post only personal acquisitions, and not items you have sold or dealer profit books, etc...)

Provide a little background on each item in relation to why they were your top priority in 2014.

From my family to yours wishing everyone a Happy Holiday Season!

5th.jpg

John (SOT)

#1 Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 4.0 OWW

Courtesy of a monster trade for my TMNT#1 CGC 9.6 here on the CGC Boards

Really no need to go into detail about this book but just like Hulk #1 this book will cost you more and more money every day that passes that you don't pony up and buy a copy. I am glad I finally own a copy I love.

Done and Done!

af15_zpsb739c17e.jpg

#2 Avengers #4 CGC 6.5 OWW

Toronto Riverdale Collection- ComicConnect auction from this past summer

When I picked up the book from Metro at SDCC this year I was amazed how white the cover was. As most of us know this book isn't rare, but somewhat challenging finding a copy with a white cover that isn't a shade of yellow w/CROW Pages. Very happy with this book!

ave19751a_zps0cb97c94.jpg

#3 Journey Into Mystery #83 CGC 4.5 OWW

Just bought last month off of eBay. OO book with unbelievable color strike to the book that I just couldn't pass up. IMO this cover pales in comparison to JIM #89, but this book is also getting more and more expensive so I needed to cross this one of the list asap.

Jim83_zpsbd32eb6b.jpg

2015 I hope to pick up a TOS #39, FF #1, SC #22 and a Flash 105.

Man that is an awesome AF#15! :applause: My top 3 for this year are:

3) My first and only Timely Pedigree copy. Crowley Pedigree

cap49_cgc_front_zpsccf15fc4.jpg

2) Really psyched to get this book. It is very difficult to find in any grade as they tend to go into permanent collections and never come back out.

as4_front_cgc_zps603b9df0.jpg

1) I bought this raw from Metro when I saw how glossy and white it is. I was rather surprised it did not get white pages as the interior covers are bone white and the pages themselves seem to equal other white paged golden age books I have. Still, very happy! :cloud9:

AS1_cgc_front_zps774e014d.jpg

I didn't buy any really big books this year. Best thing I picked up was probably a BA#12 in a trade.

Edit: Went back and saw that I picked this up (thought it was last year). Probably my favorite book from this year:

TTA8_zps69d9a0b7.jpg

Upgraded my ASM 40 to an old label 8.5 and also (finally) picked up a graded FF#72 (9.0).

So the TTA, ASM and FF were probably my favorite pick ups.

John very nice pick ups,can't go wrong with any one of your books. :applause:

I don't know if anybody knows this,but my wife and I have been foster parents for my two grandsons.So this year has been tough on the purchases.I really only have one big grail book bought this year,with a sprinkling of great horror mags from bounty coder to satisfy the itch(if you know what I mean).

1.Vampirella #1 bought from board member October. :headbang:

vampi1_zpsdb33585f.jpg

2.a few great horror mags by bounty coder\Aron. (worship)

_Image0106_zps7eaaec4a.jpg

Also NM copies of Vampire Tales #1 and Rampaging Hulk #1

That's all this year for me,because two boys need me now.Comics will always be there.

Happy holidays everyone.

Thanks. It's a pretty book. I bought it here on the boards. I usually always miss out in the sales threads, so it was nice to finally be in the right place at the right time. Especially on a book like this that you don't see everyday.

For my collection and all purchased in 2014. All original covers depicting Harley Quinn. I like the Chiodo painting very much and all the characters incorporated into it. The Suicide Squad #1s just keep getting better as the movie is now into full swing. I had no idea of a SS movie when I purchased these earlier this year.SuicideSquad1_zpse62c9285.jpg

SS1pencils_zps8480e09d.jpg

chiodo_zps92b30592.jpg

I didn't buy any really big books this year. Best thing I picked up was probably a BA#12 in a trade.

Edit: Went back and saw that I picked this up (thought it was last year). Probably my favorite book from this year:

TTA8_zps69d9a0b7.jpg

Upgraded my ASM 40 to an old label 8.5 and also (finally) picked up a graded FF#72 (9.0).

So the TTA, ASM and FF were probably my favorite pick ups.

Pre hero TTA's. :cloud9: