• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2014!

315 posts in this topic

Books are awesome,but DAYAM that artwork has some incredible detail. :applause:

I was absolutely stunned when I saw the quality of this commission. Couldn't believe it. :o

I was absolutely stunned when I saw the quality of this commission. Couldn't believe it. :o

You certainly got your moneys worth with that commission.

Its been a light year for me as not much has popped up for sale.

First up is a very early Earl Norem painting from a men's magazine. I truly enjoy Earl's work. The quality stuff just doesn't come up for sale often.

IMG_0575_zps4a3235f7.jpg

Second is a great FF page from Big John. I loved the Monster from the lost Lagoon story line a true classic.

IMG_0512_zps171680f2.jpg

Thirdly while I am offering it up for sale (Part of me hopes it doesn't sell but its to buy another Norem painting) This brings back a lot of fond childhood memories. I loved watching BSG.

bsg011_zps6f691e0d.jpg

Its been a light year for me as not much has popped up for sale.

First up is a very early Earl Norem painting from a men's magazine. I truly enjoy Earl's work. The quality stuff just doesn't come up for sale often.

IMG_0575_zps4a3235f7.jpg

Second is a great FF page from Big John. I loved the Monster from the lost Lagoon story line a true classic.

IMG_0512_zps171680f2.jpg

Oh to be marooned with 4 naked island girls,beautiful painting. :applause:

I'm closing in on finishing off Daredevil 1-157, so my top purchases are all on that theme.

Daredevil #16

I won this at ComicConnect in the Moondog's Dr. Fate Collection auction. This book was very nice when it came off the printer and has stayed damn nice in the many years since. i won this after losing out on the DD #7 Twin Cities copy in the same auction. It was a very nice pivot, even if I'm bummed about missing out on the #7.

147805.jpg

Daredevil #2,3

I just won these at Heritage last month. The Loveland Collection books were... awesome. The #1 was the best 9.4 I've seen (I wish I'd been better prepared to take a run at it.) These two are basically the perfect copies for my run- 9.4, white pages and structurally awesome.

151147.jpg

151148.jpg

I'm closing in on finishing off Daredevil 1-157, so my top purchases are all on that theme.

Daredevil #16

I won this at ComicConnect in the Moondog's Dr. Fate Collection auction. This book was very nice when it came off the printer and has stayed damn nice in the many years since. i won this after losing out on the DD #7 Twin Cities copy in the same auction. It was a very nice pivot, even if I'm bummed about missing out on the #7.

147805.jpg

Daredevil 16 :cloud9:

You certainly got your moneys worth with that commission.

+! :)

Daredevil #16

147805.jpg

Daredevil #2,3

I just won these at Heritage last month. The Loveland Collection books were... awesome. The #1 was the best 9.4 I've seen (I wish I'd been better prepared to take a run at it.) These two are basically the perfect copies for my run- 9.4, white pages and structurally awesome.

151147.jpg

151148.jpg

Oh baby! Very nice books! I almost included this one in my list for the year (I'll sneak it in now. :devil:)

dd12_cgc_front_zpsbcc54b4c.jpg

Daredevil #16

147805.jpg

Daredevil #2,3

151147.jpg

151148.jpg

Oh baby! Very nice books! I almost included this one in my list for the year (I'll sneak it in now. :devil:)

dd12_cgc_front_zpsbcc54b4c.jpg

great copy (worship)

My very first pickup of the year. A childhood favourite I was able to find in high grade. It made me very happy to get this one for sentimental reasons.

Batman_329_front.jpg

I always wanted a copy. The opportunity finally came this year to get one.

Amazing_Spider-Man_194_front.jpg

It was never in my mind but the opportunity came along to get a high grade copy and I went for it. It hasn't arrived yet.

Batman_227_front.JPG

My tastes appear to be the late SA and early BA eras.