• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2014!

315 posts in this topic

My best comic related acquisition of the year

MCMiles - Strike

For masking of profanity, and for profanity used to insult another member, in the context of a personal attack

One-week suspension

Yeah!! Let's keep quoting it so that we can wear out the scroll bars!!

Or, instead of being such a bad tempered mess all the time you could just send someone a PM and explain how they can prevent it or just politely do it here. Some people have no idea.

:makepoint:

Not my job to mollycoddle the noobs.

But it is to act like a bad tempered mess?

Perhaps you should send him a PM.

Besides some nice hardcovers I haven't made any big purchases this year.

I did buy some super hard to find back issues of Slam Bang on the cheap. They're not worth much of anything, but if you're looking for a copy they're impossible to find.

I also got another comic signed/sketched by Jaime Hernandez.

Other than that it's been a light year for me.

My grail pickup this year was this Schomburg Classic, have had a couple incomplete/frankencopies of this book but finally got my keeper. Not a big fan of arrival dates, but June, 1944 is sort of relevant to the cover image here. The centerfold splash is awesome, which is why it's sometimes missing. lol

cap37_3_5_zpse47b40aa.jpg

The Oakland copy of a tough Neal Adams key DC Bronze Age Horror book, felt fortunate to be able to add this to the collection this year.

hos81_9_4_zps25d064c6.jpg

There was a battle for 3rd Place, but went with this super tough LB Cole book. I mostly collect his horror/sci-fi covers, but I love the color scheme and snowfall on this one.

pop15new_zps6d44204a.jpg

Or, instead of being such a bad tempered mess all the time you could just send someone a PM and explain how they can prevent it or just politely do it here. Some people have no idea.

You know, I'm 50 / 50 on that one. I've PMd with Mike in the past and if it's something he doesn't want to discuss he just won't discuss it. You're probably right, PM would have been the better 1st step but it's not a secret that sometimes he likes to make his points in an aggressive manner.

I'm fairly sure this is not the road you really want to travel. You stop and I won't have to take you to the woodshed.

Hey, if you feel like 'taking me to the woodshed' is the best course of action for me calling you out for being mean spirited, that's your call. :)

You know, I'm 50 / 50 on that one. I've PMd with Mike in the past and if it's something he doesn't want to discuss he just won't discuss it. You're probably right, PM would have been the better 1st step but it's not a secret that sometimes he likes to make his points in an aggressive manner.

I'm fairly sure this is not the road you really want to travel. You stop and I won't have to take you to the woodshed.

Hey, if you feel like 'taking me to the woodshed' is the best course of action for me calling you out for being mean spirited, that's your call. :)

Both of you, knock it off.

Maybe instead of a PM, you should send a mass email.

All I meant by taking you to the woodshed was that I could bring to light some of the nasty things you don't want people to see about your image of being Mr. Touchy-Feely-Lovey-Dovey here on the boards. I think most people I know would agree that your board persona and how you are in real life are 2 different things.

Maybe instead of a PM, you should send a mass email.

Nice!

All I meant by taking you to the woodshed was that I could bring to light some of the nasty things you don't want people to see about your image of being Mr. Touchy-Feely-Lovey-Dovey here on the boards. I think most people I know would agree that your board persona and how you are in real life are 2 different things.

Oh, I know exactly what you meant. :)

And I think that you and I would also agree that "most people" you know that would agree my "board persona and how you are in real life are 2 different things" actually don't know me very well.

As they say, there is always more than one side to a story. As a lawyer I know you understand that and should take it into account before passing judgement.

But if you think that making this discussion personal and threatening me after I called you out for being a bully to a noob is the best course of action, again, it's your call.

How exactly was I bullying a noob? I hardly feel I have been called out either.

And, no, I think most people with that impression have a better idea of who you really are than most boardies.

To get this back on track:

My biggest OA purchase ever. Fantastic piece and part of helping a good cause for a fallen boardie's family members, made this a perfect storm.

72F415FD-4C7F-4953-8A4C-2512BAC7AB13_zpswp59n6ax.jpg