• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's show how big a Heart this board has and help LarryW7 (DoibyDickles)

691 posts in this topic

Larry is a long time member of the boards. I believe he was here from the beginning (or close), He's not the loudest poster, but he's always been in the first group to help others when there has been a problem.

3 weeks ago, Larry had a heart transplant. He's been ill for a long time and was out of work for most of the past 2 years (because of his illness). But even though he was unemployed himself, he never complained, just tried to help each person he could.

When Larry learned he had to have the transplant, he was very concerned because he was told one of the more expensive medicines would not be covered. I believe it was $2k per month. Larry is unemployed and his parents are elderly. He was taken by surprise when he got the call 3 weeks ago, he had expected to be waiting a while.

Larry is very humble and when I told him I wanted to start a thread to help him, he agreed only after I mentioned what a drain on his parents this would be (he has a sibling who is autistic) and he asked me to mention he was very embarrassed accepting help...but I told him that this is what board threads like these are for.

I would write more about what a kind generous soul he is, but I don't want to upset him more. He will be out of work for at least a year. He does plan on selling books to help finance the medicine, but he's too weak at this point to do anything, so I hope we can help him, at least for now.

If you wish to post a book or an item as a donation, please do so.

Please post whether or not shipping is including (it's helpful if you can include it) and if it is included please state whether you will pay for international shipping or if there will be an additional cost to those from out of the US..

When the book (or item) is sold, please mark it sold so we don't get confused.

After each item is taken, we will send an invoice to the donor and the buyer.

All Payments will go directly to Larry's Paypal Account. I will verify all payments.

You can post on the thread if you are donating cash, or keep it private if you want to be anonymous (just let me know and I'll post anonymous on the spreadsheet).

ComicDonna,frozentundraguy theHumanTorch,The Resurrection, and I will be helping behind the scenes so if you want Larry's PP address please PM one of us for it.

I have contacted Paypal to let them know we are running this thread and that there may be a lot of personal payments going into Larry's account. Personal payments would be permitted in these circumstances (by Paypal)

Please do not post the Paypal address on the thread (for privacy reasons).

I will post a summary of donations starting tomorrow.

As always, thank you all for helping one of our community!

Sharon

IMG_0462.jpg

Shipped anywhere in the world $85. All proceeds go to Larry.

note: shipping will only be possible the week of Christmas. Book is in Lisbon, I'm in Paris.

Please buy this book to help out Larry. Brand new condition.

Thank you.

:news:SOLD to thirdgreenham :applause:

Okay instead of taking up real estate in various sections of the thread, I'm going to post items only in this space. You pay skypinkblu and I ship the item(s)

One item for now and I may add more items later.

First thing first-take a spin on the Mystery Wheel for $500. I'll load up my Mystery Wheel with prizes, spin it, record it, post it to YouTube and link here to reveal your prize. Prize could be worth less than $500 (doubtful), but could also be worth more. It's really for the wheel to decide. First person to snag this, gets the spin. Good Luck!-sold to skynwalker

Sharon, thanks for putting this together!

http://youtu.be/Zuw5F4bwVtI

IMG_0462.jpg

note: shipping will only be possible the week of Christmas. Book is in Lisbon, I'm in Paris.

Thank you.

:takeit:

IMG_0462.jpg

Thank you.

:takeit:

^^

Thank you Andy.

Please PM the shipping address. Please PM Sharon for payment.